Water-based Resins - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Water-based Resins market is accounted for $37.40 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $69.60 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. Rising demand towards environmentally friendly products, growing usage of composites and increasing postulate from the building & construction industry are some of the factors favoring the market growth. On the other hand, increasing costs and less operative performance are hampering the market growth.
Water-Based resins are generally found in coatings, such as water-borne coatings, water reducible coatings consisting of latex products and the synthetic polymer based products. They are easily soluble in water as they undergo polymerization and poly-condensation reactions as can be used in conventional application techniques and by spraying. This produces an outstanding surface finish and protection.
On the Basis of type, Acrylic resins are the most varied resin type. They are used in adhesives & sealants applications extensively. Apart from this, Acrylic resins are used in architectural coatings due to their glossiness and colour retentively in outdoor applications. Acrylic resins are also largely used in Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) manufacturing as it is a common ingredient in latex paint.
By Geography, Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market due to the increasing demand from the building & construction. The region is witnessing increased growth in industries such as automotive and textile. Countries are utilizing water-based technology on a large scale which includes China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Indonesia.
Some of the key players are Adeka Corporation, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Alberdingk Boley, Allnex Group, Arkema, BASF SE, Belike, Bond Polymers International, Celanese Corporation, Covestro, DIC Corporation, Dowdupont, Elantas, Grupo Synthesia, Hexion, KUKdo Chemical (Kunshan) Co., Ltd., Lawter Inc., Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Olin Corporation, Omnova Solutions Inc., Reichhold LLC, Royal DSM N.V., Scott Bader Company Ltd., Specialty Polymers, Inc., and The Lubrizol Corporation.
• Other Types
• Adhesives & Sealants
• Paints & Coatings
• Other Applications
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook