- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 What is this Report About?
- 1.2 Definitions
- 1.3 Summary Methodology
- 1.4 About Strategic Defence Intelligence
- 2 Industry Trends, Recent Developments, and Challenges
- 2.1 Technological Developments
- 2.1.1 US Navy introduces technology to convert seawater into fuel
- 2.1.2 Size and capability of naval surface combatants driving demand for hybrid electric propulsion systems
- 2.1.3 Increased use of stealth technology expected in naval warships
- 2.1.4 Mobile deck handlers facilitating efficient helicopter landing on small surface ships
- 2.2 Market Trends
- 2.2.1 Nations prefer multi-role naval vessels to cater for needs other than war
- 2.2.2 Small combatant vessels are likely to attract more investment
- 2.2.3 Surface combatants capable of littoral waters operations to drive demand
- 2.2.4 Countries looking to install ballistic missile defense capabilities in their naval warships
- 2.2.5 Navies outsourcing MRO work to decrease response time
- 2.3 Industry Consolidation
- 2.3.1 Joint ventures for R&D and manufacturing expected to increase during the forecast period
- 2.3.2 Foreign companies acquiring domestic companies to gain entry into attractive markets
- 2.3.3 Companies focus on military shipbuilding while selling off non-core civil activities
- 2.4 Key Challenges
- 2.4.1 Economic slowdown and defense budget cuts to impact the naval surface combatants market
- 2.4.2 Focus on multi-mission capability and program delays to cause cost overruns
- 2.4.3 Controlling upgrade costs for C4ISR systems
- 2.4.4 Lack of skilled workforce may hinder growth for manufacturers
- 3 Appendix
- 3.1 Methodology
- 3.2 About SDI
- 3.3 Disclaimer
The Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market 2015-2025 - Industry Trends, Recent Developments and Challenges: Market Profile
This report offers readers insights into technological developments in the Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants market, as well as detailed analysis of the changing preferences of military forces around the world. It also identifies the current trends in the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants.
Technological Developments in the global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants include:
The US, which has consistently remained at the forefront of military technology, is believed to have developed a revolutionary mechanism that can convert seawater into jet fuel. According to the researchers at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), the new technology will use a system to extract carbon dioxide from seawater while at the same time producing hydrogen.
Reasons To Buy
The Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market 2015-2025 - Industry Trends, Recent Developments and Challenges: Market Profile allows you to:
Perform an extensive analysis on the emerging technological and market trends in the Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants sector.
Gain insight into the latest developments in the global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants market including technological trends and key challenges.