Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market 2018-2028
The Global Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) market is expected to be worth more than US$92 billion in 2018 and is expected cross US$118 billion by 2028, representing a CAGR of more than 2.4% during the forecast period. The majority of CIP programs that have been initiated or revised in recent times have focused on adopting a risk management approach.
Under this approach, the focus is on executing previously set goals in addition to identifying major markets in the world, such as North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. It is continuously engaged in identifying major security assets, analyzing risks and formulating strategies, in order to prioritize for these mitigating risks.
Cumulatively, the global market for military critical infrastructure protection is projected to value over US$1.1 trillion during the forecast period and is expected to be dominated by North America, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. North America, which has traditionally been the largest spender in the CIP market, is projected to garner a share of about 33% during 2018-2028.
Expenditure in the European region, which accounts for around 27% of the global market share, is driven by emerging nations such as Russia, France and the UK. Asia Pacific accounts for 21% of the global critical infrastructure protection market share. The Middle East is another key market which is expected to register steady growth in the global market, with a total share of about 15% during 2018-2028.
The remaining 5% of the market will be accounted for by the Latin American and African regions.
In terms of segments, physical security is expected to account for the highest proportion of spending, followed by markets for network security and others. Expenditure on Physical Security is driven primarily by the need to deploy adequate manpower across all areas and establishments that have been identified as potential terror targets. The US is the largest spender in the segment due to its vast infrastructure network, which includes thousands of essential facilities and plants, transportation systems, and information technology structures. It is expected to account for a considerable share in the global Physical Security market.
Cumulatively, the Physical Security market is expected to account for an investment of over US$920 billion, while the Network Security and Others segments will account for around US$189 billion and US$31 billion respectively.
During 2018-2028, North America is expected to lead the global critical infrastructure protection market with a cumulative expenditure of over US$370 billion. The spending in the region will be largely driven by the US’s ongoing and future procurement programs, which comprises a large majority of the region’s overall investment in CIP solutions.
In particular, the report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Market size and drivers: detailed analysis during 2018–2028, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world
- Recent developments and industry challenges: insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of critical infrastructure protection segments around the world. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2018-2028
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global market. It provides an overview of key players, together with information regarding key alliances, strategic initiatives, and financial analysis
Companies mentioned in this report - Thales, Booz Allen Hamilton, General Dynamics, Airbus DS Communications, BAE Systems , Digital Management Inc. (DMI), KEYW, Lockheed Martin Corporation, CACI, Mantech International Corporation, Raytheon, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc, Northrop Grumman, IBM
- Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.48% over 2018-2028.
- In terms of categories, Physical Security segment is anticipated to account for the largest share of expenditure globally, with a market share of 80.6% followed by the Network Security and Others segment respectively.
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global critical infrastructure protection market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different critical infrastructure protection segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global critical infrastructure protection market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global critical infrastructure protection market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top critical infrastructure protection providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available