Defense Industry Business Confidence Report - H1 2018
The existing economic environment is favorable for the defense industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H1 2018. Survey results reveal that executives who operate in North America and Europe indicate a favorable opinion about economic prospects in the region for H1 2018. Increase in geopolitical unpredictability, pressure to improve military spending, expected changes in regulatory reforms due to political stability are expected to drive the growth of the defense industry in the US.
The defense industry is expected to record higher expenditure towards new product development, and research and analysis in H1 2018. Moreover, executives who operate in North America highlighted a focus on customer retention and product differentiation over the next six months.
SDI’s Defense Industry Business Confidence Report - H1 2018 examines executives’ opinions about the business environment during H1 2018. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes defense industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2018
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on the business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales performance for H1 2018 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2018
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 47% of survey respondents indicate that the existing economic condition is favorable or very favorable for the defense industry. Additionally, 36% of executives highlight a stable economic environment
- The majority of survey respondents are confident about the company and industry growth outlook in H1 2018
- In total, 61% of survey respondents project a positive or very positive change in customer confidence over the next six months
- The majority of respondents operating in North America anticipate an increase of 0.1% to 3.99% in supplier prices for technology in H1 2018
- Globally, customer retention, protecting and growing market share, and responding to government legislations are the most preferred priorities for defense executives over the next six months
Reasons to buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategies by knowing the prevailing market conditions and sentiment within the defense industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected changes in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to retain customers and to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about the key priorities and main concerns of the defense industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2018