In today’s global market, it’s more important than ever to understand the changing dynamics of scholarly and professional publishing. Rely on Simba Information’s Open Access Journal Publishing 2022-2026
to build your growth plan for this year and beyond.
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, Simba Information quantifies open access’ position as a fast growing subsegment of scholarly journal publishing. Simba used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access journal publishing including leading competitors’ performance through 2021 and market projections through 2026. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.Open Access Journal Publishing 2022-2026
contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and issues and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Title and article growth metrics
- A breakdown of players in the open access ecosystem including public and private research funders.
- A breakdown of open access publishing in key geographic regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2026 and more
Publishers and investment professionals can trust Open Access Journal Publishing 2022-2026
to provide the inside intelligence needed to evaluate growth potential, understand trends affecting the industry, and size up the competition.
Examples of some of the issues discussed include:
Open Access Journal Publishing 2022-2026
- The impact of policy shifts in the U.S. to mandate immediate OA
- The rise of transformative agreements
- The pandemic’s role in accelerating the transition
- Economic impacts, specifically inflation
- Global R&D Spending forecast
is an essential tool for publishing executives, M&A advisors, market analysts, and industry consultants who need to understand the business strategies driving the scholarly and professional publishing industry.
Simba has a knowledge base from more than 25 years’ worth of perspective on these markets. This is not a static industry. It’s one that’s affected by rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy and library budgets. Simba’s experienced analysts and daily coverage is the bedrock for these reports.