PLUNKETT'S WIRELESS, WI-FI, RFID & CELLULAR INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2020
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 288
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends in the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry
1. Introduction to the Wireless Industry
2. 5G Wireless Networks to Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
3. Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
4. Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Reach 8.4 Billion
5. RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
6. RFID Helps Manage Hospital and Pharmacy Inventories
7. Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
8. Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines
9. Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
10. Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Transportation (ITS) and Real Time Traffic Information
11. In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
12. Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
13. Location-Based Services (LBS) Enhance Smartphones and Mobile Advertising
14. Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $92.1 Billion Yearly
15. In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
16. The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
17. Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
18. Voice and Face Recognition Change the Wireless World, Enhanced Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
19. Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
20. Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
21. Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Increase Efficiencies/The Internet of Things (IoT) Boosts Potential
22. Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
23. Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
24. Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 4G and 5G SmartphonesWireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
1. Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Internet Access Technologies Compared
3. Wireless Quick Facts, U.S.: 2013-2018
4. Wireless Standards & Speeds
5. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
6. Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
7. Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2018
8. Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
9. Wireless Telecommunications Industry (except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2010- May 2019