Mobile Payments in the U.S., 5th Edition
Packaged Facts forecasts mobile payments made at the retailer point of sale will increase 54% in 2016 over 2015 with continued robust growth through 2019. Our forecast is predicated largely on continued movement
toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale.
Our latest report, Mobile Payments in the U.S.
, gives industry participants the insight the need to stay abreast of mobile payments trends, including mobile point-of-sale payments, mobile P2P and
mobile commerce. The report does the following:Explores mobile payment market trends
, including tokenization, loyalty/rewards to omni-channel
migration, EMV, payment agnostic solutions, and mobile P2P monetization. This includes:
Analyzes leading mobile/digital wallet payments solutions
- Mobile payment usage trends by demographic in three segments: mobile commerce, mobile person-to-person payments, and mobile point-of-sale payments.
- Online and mobile payment preference trends (i.e. credit card, PayPal, Visa Checkout, etc.), including direct card entry on website versus wallet options.
- Mobile payment types, ranging from paying bills to making online purchases to P2P and international remittances.
- Mobile bill payment preference trends, compared against other methods.
- Domestic and international money transfer trending, by type of service
- Mobile P2P services used, with analysis of marketplace leaders
- Trended interest in mobile payments at POS and mobile POS payment services used
, such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, and PayPal; and including retailer mobile payments solutions such as Starbucks. These include demographic analysis of numerous features and benefits beyond payments; and payment/revenue metrics.Analyzes factors shaping merchant-driven mobile payment models
and competitive threats and solutions for card issuers and networks; mobile payments’ effect on card ownership and usage; and factors influencing specific card choice when making mobile POS payment.Provides a U.S. market size and forecast
for point-of-sale mobile payments.