Viscose Staple Fiber Market - Segmented by Production Process, Application, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global viscose staple fiber market accounted for 5,594.08 kilo metric ton in 2017, and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.45% during 2018 to 2023 (the forecast period). Asia-Pacific was the largest market in 2017. The region accounted for around 62% of the global market share.
Growing demand for Apparels and Clothing
The apparel & clothing industry grew at a healthy rate, despite the economic slowdown, and is expected to continue the trend. This is majorly due to low switching costs, and the significant role of the industry in terms of trade, employment, investment, and revenue.
The Asia-Pacific region is the biggest exporter of clothing and textiles, to both the United States and Europe. The United States and Canada are among the top 10 countries, with high expenditure on apparel. In Europe, Germany, Norway, Austria, Sweden, and the United Kingdom are the top countries that spend the most on apparel.
The United States and China are the top two retail markets for apparels. Moreover, countries, such as Germany, the United Kingdom, and Russia, also have a significant demand for apparels. India and Brazil are the fastest emerging market for apparels. This will boost the apparel & clothing market, which in turn, will uplift the demand for viscose staple fibers.
In 2017, textiles and apparel application segment dominated the global market, and also registered the fastest CAGR through the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Dominates the Market
Asia-Pacific had the highest share in the market, accounting for around 62% of the global market share in 2017. As textile production capacities continue to shift to Asia, from Europe and North America, consumption growth is beginning to expand in the Asia-Pacific region. China, India, and Indonesia dominate in the production of viscose fibers, in the Asia-Pacific region, and also dominate the export market of viscose yarn and fabric.
China is the Largest Consumer
China is one of the major producers and consumers of VSF. The increasing yarn production in China has been boosting the demand for VSF. Asian yarn production, in Q1 of 2016, increased by 21% - quarter on quarter, mainly driven by the Chinese yarn industry. Yarn production has been increasing, due to the increasing production of non-woven fabrics in the country.
However, the Chinese VSF industry faces a significant problem, as a result of surplus production capacities. The government has released new regulations for limiting viscose capacities in the country. Furthermore, wages in China have been increasing gradually, which may result in textile production shifting to low-wage ASEAN countries, thus, affecting the sales of VSF in the country. The surplus production capacities and record high cotton inventories are estimated to dominate the global market over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018- Grasim Industries received eco clearance for expanding the production of viscose staple fiber at Gujarat, India that would entail an investment of INR 2,560 crore.
- April 2017- Sateri signed an investment agreement with the municipal government of Jiujiang in Jiangxi province to expand its viscose staple fiber capacity in China, by up to one million metric ton per year
Major Players -Aditya Birla Management Corp. Pvt Ltd, Tangsgan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd, Sateri, Lenzing AG, among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- The application segment that is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimation sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook