Global Linear Alkyl benzene (LAB) Market - Segmented by End-Use, Application, and Geography - Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
Breaking News: In April 2017, the Indian Finance Ministry announced that the definitive anti-dumping duty shall be imposed on linear alkyl benzene (LAB) imports from China, Iran, and Qatar.The global linear alkyl benzene market is expected to account for USD XX million in 2017, which is projected to reach USD XX million by 2022, registering a CAGR of XX% during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).Linear alkyl benzene, an organic compound, is an intermediary in the production of surfactants, which is mainly used in detergents. LAB removes oil and fatty soil absorbed into the fabric, textile or any other material. The compound is used in combination with other surfactants to improve cleaning performance. LAB is either converted into a surfactant or directly used for applications such as in solvents, paints.
Market Dynamics:The growing demand for cleaners is expected to drive the market, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). Surfactants serve as a replacement for dodecyl benzene sulfonates, thus benefitting the LAB market. However, stringent governmental regulations and environmental impacts of LAB are factors hindering the market growth.
Market Segmentation:The market has been segmented on the basis of end-use, application, and region. Based on end-use, the market has been segmented into dish washing liquids, household detergents & cleaners, industrial cleaners, personal care products, and others including agricultural herbicides. The market, based on application type, has been segmented into surfactants, and others including solvents, paints. In 2017, surfactants segment is expected to dominate the market with a share of XX%.Geographically, the market has been segmented into North America, South America, Middle East & Africa, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. In 2017, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market with a share of XX%.
Opportunities and Major Players:Developing countries such as China, and India are expected to create opportunities for the linear alkyl benzene market, owing to the growing demand for cleaners.
Major Players in the Global Market Include:
• CEPSA Quimica SA
• Chevron Phillips Chemical
• Huntsman Corporation
• Sasol Limited
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global scale
• Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the linear alkyl benzene market on the global level
• A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook