The global application development community is becoming increasingly aware of Telecom Application Programming Interface (API) as a means of accessing data for a variety of communications-enabled applications. Telecom Network APIs capitalize on existing network infrastructure and platforms to facilitate many new business opportunities for global Communication Service Providers (CSP) to offer Business-to-Business (B2B) services in a Data as a Service (DaaS) basis.
Enterprise companies across various industry verticals are also awakening to the availability and commercial value of CSP data including everything from network QoS for video service delivery to Subscriber Data Management (SDM) for advertising, profiling, and identity management. CSPs offer data over Telecom APIs in a DaaS B2B2B and B2B2C model to data aggregators as well as direct to enterprise customers and Over-the-Top (OTT) players.
Telecom Network API Marketplace: Strategy, Ecosystem, Players and Forecasts 2015 - 2020 provides an in-depth assessment of the global Telecom Network API market, including business models, business case, best practices, value chain analysis, operator and vendor strategies, vision for the future of telecom data, and a quantitative assessment of the industry from 2015 to 2020.
Report coverage includes:
- The Business Case for Telecom Network APIs: An assessment of the business case for Telco Network APIs
- API Aggregation: The role of API Aggregators, the total cost usage for APIs with aggregation and a review of aggregator API usage by category.
- Competitive Issues: Competitive issues within the Telecom API market such as reduction in TCO, open APIs and ease of configuration.
- The Value Chain of Network Operator APIs Usage: An analysis of the value chain of network operator API usage for services including an assessment of revenue across participants in the value chain from end users, developers, aggregators to the API owners, and how this economic model will change over time.
- Operator, Application Provider and Vendor Strategies: An analysis of how operators, application providers and vendors will position themselves to capitalize on network APIs
- Analysis of Telecom and Non-Telecom Network APIs: Includes major telecom network and non-telecom network APIs and mashups throughout the globe, and an assessment of which APIs will lead the market in the future.
- Market Analysis and Forecasts: A global and regional assessment of the market size and forecasts for the telecom network API market from 2015 to 2020
- Analysis of Future Technology and API Market Drivers: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Virtualization, Software Defined Networks (SDN), and Internet of Things (IoT) are evaluated as drivers for API marketplace growth
- API Aggregators
- Investment Firms
- Application Developers
- Mobile Device Vendors
- Mobile Network Carriers
- Service Bureau Companies
- Wireless Infrastructure Vendors
- Telecom Managed Service Providers
- Major enterprise and businesses of all types
- Telecom API marketplace forecasts 2015 – 2020
- Insights from Telecom API use cases and business cases
- Understand the Telecom and Enterprise API marketplace
- Understand key API technologies and interdependencies
- Identify advantages of internal Telecom API usage to carriers
- Identify the long-term growth drivers for the API marketplace
- Understand how the API marketplace relates to the Cloud and DaaS
- Understand the untapped potential for carrier Telecom API enabled VAS
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.