Mobile Value-added Service (VAS) applications represent a key aspect to the ongoing success of mobile network operators and everyone in the mobile communications value chain. With core services, such as bear voice and data communications becoming commodity offerings, wireless service providers are dependent on VAS applications to drive additional revenue and improved margins.
Mobile VAS Markets, Applications, and Opportunities - Third Edition represents analysis of the mobile VAS markets, and applications. In addition, the report evaluates market opportunities for mobile VAS, markets, mobile commerce applications. It includes market opportunities and forecasting to 2018 for mobile VAS applications including worldwide mobile games markets and the potential revenues. Our research also identifies key issues and concerns such as security and privacy in mobile VAS and mobile commerce in particular. We evaluate global market dynamics through analysis of specific regions and countries.
This report includes forecasts in the following MVAS areas:
- AUGMENTED REALITY (AR)
- PUBLIC SAFETY
- CONTENT DELIVERY NETWORKS (CDN)
- CLOUD SERVICES
- MOBILE PAYMENTS
- MOBILE BANKING
- MOBILE MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
- MACHINE-TO-MACHINE (M2M)
- WEARABLE WIRELESS
- SOLOMO GAMING MARKET
- SOCIAL NETWORKIN
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
- BIG DATA
- SUBSCRIBER DATA MANAGEMENT (SDM)
- NETWORK OPERATOR API AND APPLICATIONS
- Mobile device manufacturers
- Application stores/aggregators
- Mobile network operators and their partners
- Mobile VAS application development companies
- Mobile infrastructure and support service providers
- Forecasting for key Value-added Service (VAS) applications
- Understand the role and importance of VAS applications for the network operator
- Understand the impact of LTE on the supply/demand dynamics of data and how this impact the ecosystem
- Identify key VAS applications that will develop new revenue streams and improve profitability for network operators
- Identify important VAS applications within each major area including gaming, LBS, mobile marketing, commerce, and more
- Understand the impact of Over the Top (OTT) applications and how network operators can combat this threat to their business
- Identify the business case for key VAS applications that network operators can implement to combat the threat of OTT applications
- Understand critical MVAS infrastructure including IP Multimedia Subsystem, Service Delivery Platforms, Self-organizing Networks, and more
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.