Mobile Device Management (MDM) Infrastructure and Services 2014 - 2019
Mobile Device Management (MDM) represents solutions that secure, monitor, manage and support mobile/wireless devices deployed across mobile network operators (MNO), other service providers and enterprise companies. MDM is a useful tool for a MNO to manage the many different device types across their network. It is also useful for MNO to manage periodically required device updates and administration.
In the increasingly complex world of enterprise mobility, MDM is becoming a necessity to manage various issues, most notably the current trend towards Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in which employees are allowed to choose their mobile/wireless devices to use for work purposes. MDM provides a management and administrative layer to the enterprise to provide, among other things, a secure environment for corporate data and assets.
The report covers the following topics:
- Technology Review: A review of the underlying technology supporting MDM solutions
- MDM Industry Roadmap 2014 - 2019: An analysis of the roadmap for the industry from 2014 till 2019
- Ranking of MDM providers: Mind Commerce provides a full SWOT analysis and rank for each MDM provider
- Business Case for MDM and its impact on the Future of BYOD: An assessment of the business case for MDM
- Vendor Strategies: An analysis of how vendors and carriers will position themselves to capitalize on MDM opportunity
- Market Analysis and Forecasts: A global and regional assessment of the market and forecasts for the MDM market from 2014 till 2019
- Industry Value Chain: An analysis of the MDM value chain with analysis of the key market players across the value chain and predictions about the market performance in the next five years
- Cloud-based MDM applications will take overtake premise-based solutions within the next five years
- Mind Commerce estimates that the MDM market will grow at a CAGR of 23.3% over the next five years
- Mind Commerce estimates that revenues for MDM providers will grow at a CAGR of 40% over the next five years
- There are approximately 180 million Enterprise BYOD devices globally, which is expected to increase 390 million by 2015
- The US region will lead the market from a regional perspective with an estimated 68 percent of the overall market share
Companies in Report:
- MDM solution providers
- Mobile network operators
- Mobile application developers
- Wireless handset manufacturers
- Wireless infrastructure providers
- OTT application and service providers
- Enterprise companies in all industry segments
- AirWatch LLC
- Fiberlink Communication Corp
- Good Technology Inc
- MobileIron inc
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.