Liquid Biopsy Market by Cancer Type (Lung, Breast, Colorectal, Prostate), Circulating Biomarkers (Circulating Tumor Cells, Circulating Tumor DNA, Cell-Free DNA), Product (Instruments, Assay Kits), End User (Reference Laboratory) - Global Forecast to 2022
“Global liquid biopsy market projected to grow at a CAGR of 23.4%”
The global liquid biopsy market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 23.4% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 2,047.9 million by 2022. Increasing prevalence of cancer, increasing preference for noninvasive procedures, and availability of funding for liquid biopsy R&D are some of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Unclear Regulatory and reimbursement scenario is one of the major challenges faced by the market.
“Extracellular vesicles to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Based on circulating biomarkers the market is categorized into circulating tumor cells (CTCs), circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), cell-free DNA (cfDNA), extracellular vesicles (EVs) and other circulating biomarkers. The extracellular vesicles segment is the fastest-growing segment in the circulating biomarkers market during the forecast period. This is due to the growing interest in EV research from biofluids such as the blood and urine of cancer patients as a means of disease diagnosis and therapeutic monitoring.
“The non-cancer application segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Based on application, the liquid biopsy market is segmented into cancer and non-cancer applications (which include reproductive health and organ transplant diagnostics). The non-cancer application segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment in the market during the forecast period. This is due to the growing application in noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT), using cell-free DNA assays in the identification of trisomies (which includes 13, 16, and 18), gender identification, and other genetic abnormalities such as monosomy X and microdeletions. NIPT is also rapidly replacing amniocentesis in high-risk pregnancies, thus expanding its application.
“Asia Pacific to witness the highest growth during the forecast period (2017–2022)”
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global liquid biopsy market in 2017, while Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during 2017 to 2022. Growing demand for non-invasive treatment, rising incidence of cancer, and improving healthcare infrastructure are driving the growth of the liquid biopsy market.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1– 15%, Tier 2– 45%, and Tier 3–40%
• By Designation – C-level– 27%, Director Level–33%, Others–40%
• By Region – North America–25%, Europe–45%, Asia-Pacific–15%, RoW–15%
Some of the major market players in the liquid biopsy market are QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), Roche Diagnostics (US), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (US), Myriad Genetics, Inc. (US), Menarini Silicon Biosystems (Italy), Genomic Health, Inc. (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Illumina, Inc. (US), Biocept, Inc. (US), Trovagene, Inc. (US), Guardant Health, Inc. (US), RainDance Technologies, Inc. (US), and MDxHealth SA (US).
The report analyzes the liquid biopsy market and aims at estimating market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as by product, circulating biomarker, clinical application, application, end user, and region. The report also includes competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global liquid biopsy market. The report analyzes the global liquid biopsy market by product, medical specialty, application, end user, and region
• Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and product launches in the global liquid biopsy market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by product, medical specialty, application, end user, and region
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global liquid biopsy market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and capabilities of liquid biopsy devices of leading players in the global market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook