City Profile - Suzhou; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Suzhou city is the economic, and trade and commerce centre in Jiangsu province. Suzhou is the largest city in Jiangsu province in terms of population. The city’s nominal GDP accounted for 2.0% of the national GDP in 2018. Service sector is a major contributor with 53.9% share to the overall GVA of city’s economy in 2018.
“City Profile - Suzhou” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Suzhou.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the city economy - and the major employers.
- Suzhou is a key tourist destinations in Jiangsu province, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are experiencing a healthy growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Suzhou city - key facts (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Suzhou city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Suzhou city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Suzhou city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Suzhou city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Suzhou city - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Suzhou city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Suzhou city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Suzhou city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Suzhou city - Sunan Shuofang International Airport key indicators, 2013-17
- Table 11: Suzhou city - office rents, 2016
- Table 12: Suzhou city - tourist revenue, 2012-17 (US$ billion)
- Table 13: Suzhou city - tourist arrivals, 2012-17 (million)
- Table 14: Suzhou city - overnight stay by international visitors, 2012-17 (million)
- Table 15: Suzhou city - foreigner’s overnight stay by country of residence (number), 2013-17
- Table 16: Suzhou city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 17: Suzhou city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Suzhou city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Suzhou city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Suzhou city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Suzhou city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Suzhou city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Suzhou city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)