City Profile - Skopje; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Skopje is the capital city of the Republic of Macedonia and the country’s largest city in terms of population. The Skopje metropolitan region holds 30% share of the nation’s population and the region’s economy accounts for 32.6% of the nation’s GVA.
“City Profile - Skopje” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Skopje.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the region, accounting for 62.9% of total GVA.
- Skopje metropolitan region is a key tourist destination in Macedonia as 32.5% of the total tourist arrivals to the Republic of Macedonia visited Skopje in 2017.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Skopje region - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Skopje region - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Skopje region - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Skopje region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Skopje region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Skopje region - population change. 2016-17
- Table 7: Skopje region - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Skopje region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Skopje region - mass transit network indicators, H1 2018
- Table 10: Skopje region - International Airport Skopje, key indicators, 2013-18*
- Table 11: Skopje city - office rents, H1 2018
- Table 12: Skopje region - visitors by domestic and international category, 2014-18*
- Table 13: Skopje region - international visitors by country of residence
- Table 14: Skopje region - nights spent and tourism turnover (US$), 2012-17
- Table 15: Skopje region - accommodation indicators
- Table 16: Skopje region - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Skopje region -- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Skopje region - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Skopje region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Skopje region - employment structure, 2000-25
- Figure 5: Skopje region -- population comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 6: Skopje region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)