City Profile - Sao Paulo - Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Sao Paulo metropolitan area (also referred to as Greater Sao Paulo) is the largest in Brazil in terms of population. Sao Paula is the economic center of Brazil accounting for about 10.3% of the national GDP in 2018. Rapid growth in the industry and tertiary sectors and improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Sao Paulo” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Sao Paulo. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The Industry and service sectors remain the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Sao Paulo is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the past two years. Business tourism stands a contributor to the tourism sector. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: São Paulo metropolitan area - key facts, 2018 (estimates)
- Table 2: São Paulo metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: São Paulo metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: São Paulo metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
- Table 5: São Paulo metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: São Paulo metropolitan area - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: São Paulo metropolitan area - population by comparison (2000-25) (million)
- Table 8: São Paulo metropolitan area - population by age (2000-25)
- Table 9: São Paulo city - mass transit network indicators, 2018
- Table 10: São Paulo metropolitan area - Guarulhos International Airport (GRU) key indicators, 2014-18
- Table 11: São Paulo City - Office Rents, Q4 2018
- Table 12: São Paulo city - tourist arrivals, 2016-17
- Table 13: São Paulo city - international arrivals by continents, % of total
- Table 14: São Paulo city - hotel KPI’s
- Table 15: São Paulo - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 16: São Paulo metropolitan area - MICE* and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: São Paulo metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: São Paulo metropolitan area - real GDP growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: São Paulo metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 4: São Paulo metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
- Figure 5: São Paulo metropolitan area - population by comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 6: São Paulo metropolitan area - Population by age (2000-25)