City Profile - Osaka ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Osaka metropolitan area is one of the most populous metropolitan areas in Japan with a share of more than 13.8% of the country’s population. The area’s economic growth was underpinned by development of the pharmaceutical, chemical and electric equipment sectors. The area has a cluster of chemical industries and major strengths of the economy are healthcare, medical and pharmaceuticals industries. Goods trading activities are also spurred with presence of Osaka port, the international gateway for foreign trade, mainly Asian countries
“City Profile - Osaka” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Osaka. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- One of the key economic drivers is tourism sector. The government of Japan is aiming to double the number of tourists to Japan to 40 million by 2020 in line with hosting Olympics 2020.
- The construction industry in the Osaka metropolitan area accounted for 3.8% of the area’s total GVA in 2018. Many efforts are being laid down by the Government in a bid to host global Expo exhibition in 2025 including construction of Yumeshima and Umekita development projects
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Osaka metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Osaka metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Osaka metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Osaka metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Osaka metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Osaka metropolitan area - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Osaka metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Osaka metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Osaka city - mass transit network indicators,2016
- Table 10: Osaka metropolitan area - Haneda Airport, key indicators
- Table 11: Osaka metropolitan area - Narita International Airport, key indicators
- Table 12: Osaka city - Fortune 500 companies, 2018
- Table 13: Osaka city - office rents, Q3 2018
- Table 14: Osaka city - international arrivals by country of residence
- Table 15: Osaka Prefecture - nights spent, 2013-17
- Table 16: Osaka Prefecture - hotel KPI’s, 2016-17
- Table 17: Osaka city - MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Osaka metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Osaka metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Osaka metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Osaka metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25
- Figure 5: Osaka metropolitan area -- population comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 6: Osaka metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)