City Profile - Manila ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Manila metropolitan area, also known as Metro Manila, is the national capital region (NCR) of Philippines It is situated on the Island of Luzon, which is one of the three main islands of the country. The metropolitan area is comprised of one municipality and 16 cities including Manila city, the capital of Philippines. The area’s economy is mainly supported by the key subsectors of the tertiary/service sector, in particular trade, transportation and tourism services, financial services, information and communication.
“City Profile - Manila” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Manila. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Manila is a key tourist destination for international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the last year
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Metro Manila - key facts, (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Metro Manila - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Metro Manila - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Metro Manila - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Metro Manila - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Metro Manila - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Metro Manila - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Metro Manila - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Metro Manila - mass transit network indicators, 2018
- Table 10: Metro Manila - Ninoy Aquino International Airport, key airport indicators, 2016-18
- Table 11: Metro Manila - Clark International Airport, key airport indicators, 2016-18
- Table 12: Metro Manila - prime office rent, 2018
- Table 13: Philippines - international visitor arrivals by country of residence, 2016-18
- Table 14: Metro Manila - key hotel indicators, 2016-17
- Table 15: Metro Manila - UNESCO world heritage sites
- Table 16: Metro Manila - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Metro Manila - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Metro Manila - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Metro Manila - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Metro Manila - employment structure, 2000-25(% of total)
- Figure 5: Metro Manila - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Metro Manila - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)