City Profile - Kolkata; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Kolkata city (formerly called Calcutta) is the capital and the largest city of West Bengal state. It is known as the business, commercial and financial hub of eastern India due to concentration of information technology and telecommunication companies, and various other financial and commercial industries.
“City Profile - Kolkata” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Kolkata. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- Kolkata has a diversified industrial base with major industrial sectors including steel, mining, minerals, heavy engineering, pharmaceuticals, cement, textiles, food processing and jute. Increased investments and growing IT/ITes and manufacturing industry, strong consumer base, well developed labour force and large scale infrastructural and political upgradations in the area have supported the economic growth of Kolkata.
- West Bengal is one of the major tourist places in India as well as across the world. The state, which shares international borders with three countries, namely Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan, is also easily accessible by road.
- The construction sector is a key contributor for development in Kolkata and accounts for 6.1% of the area’s GVA
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Kolkata metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Kolkata metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Kolkata metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Kolkata metropolitan area -- GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$)
- Table 5: Kolkata metropolitan area-employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
- Table 6: Kolkata metropolitan area-main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Kolkata metropolitan area-population comparison (2000-25) (millions)
- Table 8: Kolkata metropolitan area-population by age (2000-25) (% of total)
- Table 9: Kolkata metropolitan area-mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Kolkata metropolitan area—Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport key indicators
- Table 11: Kolkata metropolitan area-office rents, Q4 2017
- Table 12: West Bengal tourist arrivals
- Table 13: Kolkata metropolitan area- international arrivals through airport, 2016
- Table 14: Kolkata metropolitan area- MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Kolkata metropolitan area -- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2 :Kolkata metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Kolkata metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 4: Kolkata metropolitan area-employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
- Figure 5: Kolkata metropolitan area—population comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 6: Kolkata metropolitan area-population by age (2000-25) (% of total)