City Profile - Calgary; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
The Calgary metropolitan area is located in Alberta province in Canada and is the third most populous in the country after Toronto and Montreal. Service sector is a major contributor with 52.3% share to the overall GVA of region’s economy in 2017.
“City Profile - Calgary” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Calgary.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the region, accounting for 52.3% of total GVA followed by the industrial sector (46.6%) and the agriculture sector (1.1%) in 2017.
- Being strategically located between Canadian prairies and foothills of Canadian Rockies, Calgary is a key tourist destination in Canada and has recorded rapid growth over the last year. Strong performance is recorded in construction industry, residential market and permits issued.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Calgary metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Calgary metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Calgary metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Calgary metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Calgary metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Calgary metropolitan area - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Calgary metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Calgary metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Calgary city - mass transit network indicators, Q2 2018
- Table 10: Calgary metropolitan area - Calgary International Airport key indicators, 2013 - YTD Q3 2018 (number)
- Table 11: Calgary city - Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in the city, 2018
- Table 12: Calgary city - office rents, Q2 2018
- Table 13: Calgary city - hotel KPIs
- Table 14: Calgary city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 15: Calgary city - MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Calgary metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Calgary metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Calgary metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Calgary metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Calgary metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Calgary metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)