City Profile - Brisbane ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Greater Brisbane or the Brisbane's Greater Capital City Statistical Area (GCCSA) is one of the 16 GCCSA regions in Australia. The city with strong presence of service sector is a key contributor to the Australia economy contributing about 11.6% of the national GDP. The area's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Brisbane” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Brisbane. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers. Brisbane is a key tourist destinations, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors experienced healthy growth over the past two years.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Greater Brisbane - key facts (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Greater Brisbane - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Greater Brisbane - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Greater Brisbane - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Greater Brisbane - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Greater Brisbane - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Greater Brisbane - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Greater Brisbane - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Greater Brisbane - passenger movements at Brisbane International Airport, FY2011-FY18 (number)
- Table 10: Greater Brisbane - aircraft movements at Brisbane International Airport, FY2011-FY18 (number)
- Table 11: Greater Brisbane - international cargo movements at Brisbane International Airport, FY2011-FY18 (tons)
- Table 12: Brisbane city - office rents in CBD, Q2 2018
- Table 13: Greater Brisbane - tourist arrivals, 2015-18 (number)
- Table 14: Greater Brisbane - tourist arrivals by purpose of visit, 2015-18 (number)
- Table 15: Greater Brisbane - tourism expenditure, 2015-18 (US$ billions)
- Table 16: Greater Brisbane - international arrivals by country of residence, 2015-18 (number)
- Table 17: Greater Brisbane - night spent, 2014-18 (number)
- Table 18: Greater Brisbane - international overnight arrivals by country of residence, 2015-18 (number)
- Table 19: Greater Brisbane - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Greater Brisbane - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Greater Brisbane - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Greater Brisbane - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Greater Brisbane - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Greater Brisbane - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Greater Brisbane - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)