City Profile - Bangkok ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Bangkok (Bangkok metropolis) is the capital city of Thailand and one of the six administrative divisions of Bangkok metropolitan region within Bangkok province. The city is the political, economic, educational and cultural center of Thailand. The city has a strong presence of industry and service sectors contributing around 22.0% to the national GDP. The city's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Bangkok” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bangkok. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the city’s economy - and the major employers.
- Bangkok is a key tourist destination in Thailand, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are experiencing a healthy growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Bangkok city - key facts (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Bangkok city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Bangkok city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Bangkok city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Bangkok city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Bangkok city - main universities, 2019
- Table 7: Bangkok city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Bangkok city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Bangkok city - mass transit network indicators, January-October 2018
- Table 10: Bangkok city - passenger movements at airport (million)
- Table 11: Bangkok city - aircraft movements at airport
- Table 12: Bangkok city - cargo movements (tons) at airport
- Table 13: Bangkok city - Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in city, 2018
- Table 14: Bangkok city - office rents, Q2 2018
- Table 15: Bangkok city - tourist arrivals (number)
- Table 16: Bangkok city - tourism revenue (US$, billion)
- Table 17: Bangkok city - guest arrivals to accommodation establishments (number)
- Table 18: Bangkok city - international guest arrivals to accommodation establishments by country of residence
- Table 19: Bangkok city - hotel KPIs
- Table 20: Bangkok city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Bangkok city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Bangkok city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Bangkok city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Bangkok city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Bangkok city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Bangkok city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)