Bandung - Comprehensive Overview of the City, PEST Analysis and Analysis of Key Industries including Technology, Tourism and Hospitality, Construction and Retail
“City Profile - Bandung” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bandung.
Bandung metropolitan area is the one of most populous area in Indonesia, with the population density of 15,028 people per square kilometer. The area’s economy accounts for 2% of the nation’s GDP. The economy of the area is majorly driven by driven by the service sectors, mainly by the wholesale and retail trade, hotels and restaurants, transportation sectors
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to Buy
- The area’s economy thrives on small scale industries (SMEs) related to tourism, manufacturing, textiles, pharmaceutical, financial food and healthcare. The SMEs contributes largely to the area’s total GDP
- Growth of the tourism industry led by depreciating local currency will also stimulate the economy. Bandung, being one of the three major destinations in Indonesia for MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions), is likely to attract more foreign MICE tourists and thus exploiting the potential of MICE
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Bandung city - key facts (estimates), 2020
- Table 2: Bandung city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Bandung city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Bandung city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Bandung city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Bandung city - main universities, 2021
- Table 7: Bandung city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Bandung city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Bandung city - mass transit network indicators, 2020
- Table 10: Bandung city - Husein Sastranegara International Airport key airport indicators, 2016-20*
- Table 11: West Java - visitors in star hotels, 2016-20 (number)
- Table 12: Bandung city - star hotels, rooms, and beds, 2018-20 (number)
- Table 13: West Java - occupancy rate of star hotels, 2018-20
- Table 14: Bandung city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Bandung city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Bandung city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Bandung city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Bandung city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Bandung city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Bandung city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)