Global Pest Control Market (2020-2025) by Pest Type, Control Method, Application and Geography. IGR Competitive Analysis, Impact of Covid-19, Ansoff Analysis
The Global Pest Control Market is estimated to be USD 20.4 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 26.92 Bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.7 %.
The factors attributing to the growth of the market are increasing public health initiatives due to growing instances of disease outbreaks, low entry barriers for the service provider, and climate change effects on pest proliferation. However, some factors such as high registration cost and the interminable time period in product approval and risk associated with pesticide storage may hinder the market growth.
The Pest Control Market expected to showcase the opportunities such as increasing adoption due to urbanization growth in developing markets and introduction of biological pest control solutions. Soon market may face the possible challenges in the growth due to unavailability of skilled labor in performing pest control activities and adoption of pest resistance against chemical compounds. However, the key players in the market are putting regressive efforts to provide innovative offerings and benchmark strategies in the market.
The Global Pest Control Market is segmented further based on Pest Type, Control Method, Application and Geography.
By Pest Type, the market is classified as Insects, Termites, Rodents and Others.
By Control Methods, the market is classified as Chemical (Insecticides, Rodenticides, Others (pheromones and repellents)), Biological (Microbial, Plant-extracts, and Predatory insects) and Mechanical (Trapping: Light traps, Adhesive traps, Malaise traps, UV radiation devices, Mesh screens and Ultrasonic vibrations)
By Application, the market is classified in Powder, Sprays, Pellets, Traps and Baits.
By End Use, the market is classified as Residential, Commercial, Livestock, Industrial and Others (non-commercial institutions, storage & transport facilities, and public landscapes)
By Geography, North America is projected to lead the market.
1. In 2019, Rentokil Initial PLC had carried out 41 acquisitions in 23 countries. The company had acquired 30 pest control, 8 hygiene, and 3 Ambius businesses, generating annualized revenues in the year prior to purchase of USD 155.2 million (Euro 137 million). The company has carried acquisitions in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Dutch Antilles, Finland, France, Greece, Indonesia, Malaysia, Peru, Poland, Spain, Tanzania, Thailand, the U.K., and the U.S.
2. In March 2019, DowDuPont confirmed the completion of the required clearances for the spin-off for Corteva Agrisciences (US) which would operate as a separate company under the conglomerate.
3. In January 2019, Control Solutions Inc. (US), a wholly owned subsidiary of Adama, acquired Bondie Products Inc. (US). The acquisition is expected to benefit CSI through the access of Bondie’s portfolio of pest control products and customer base.
4. As per The Potomac Company, in 2018, Rentokil, ServiceMaster, and Rollins have spent USD 359, 254, and 77 million, respectively on pest control acquisition. The trend of M&A is estimated to further increase competition in the market.
5. The BASF collaborated with Delair to introduce visual data management solutions with the introduction of R&D activities for the protection of yield and enhancement of quality of the seeds, crops, and traits.
6. The Bayer AG developed the novel herbicide molecule to control and protect the wide-area covered with the weed.
Some of the companies covered in this report are Adama, Anticimex Group, Arrow Exterminators Inc., Asante Inc., Atalian Servest, BASF, Bayer Cropscience, Bell Laboratories Inc., Dodson Pest Control Inc., DowDuPont, Ecolab, Syngenta, The Terminix International Company, Truly Nolen Pest Control, etc.
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Pest Control Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
The report also contains the competitive analysis using IGR Competitive Quadrant, Infogence’s proprietary competitive positioning tool.
A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
Important market dynamics and trends
Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
Market shares and strategies of key players
Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook