IDC PlanScape: Governance for Generative AI Digital Infrastructure Deployment
This IDC PlanScape provides a comprehensive governance framework for deploying generative AI (GenAI) digital infrastructure."GenAI has the potential to transform a wide range of business processes and to present many opportunities for competitive advantage, digital business innovation, and productivity enhancements," states Mary Johnston Turner, IDC research vice president, Future of Digital Infrastructure — Agenda program. "Creating and enforcing GenAI workload–driven deployment guidelines and operating policies will have long-term impacts on the organization's ability to fully exploit the benefits of GenAI while optimizing cost, performance, security, and compliance."Please Note:
Extended description available upon request.
- IDC PlanScape Figure
- Executive Summary
- Why Is Governance for Generative AI Digital Infrastructure Deployment Important?
- What Is Governance for Generative AI Digital Infrastructure Deployment?
- Elements of GenAI Infrastructure Deployment Policies
- Key GenAI Use Case–Specific Questions to Consider
- KPIs to Keep Infrastructure and GenAI Business Outcomes Aligned
- Who Are the Key Stakeholders?
- How Can My Organization Benefit from Governance for Generative AI Digital Infrastructure Deployment?
- Advice for Technology Buyers
- Related Research