Tourism Source Market Insight: United States
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight: United States report provides a thorough insight into The US domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of US tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the US outbound travel market.
In 2018, US residents took 94 million international trips and 2.3 billion domestic trips. On average, just 28.5% of the population take an international trip each year.
Reasons to buy
- Inbound tourism spending totaled $197.5bn in 2018 while outbound spending totaled $327.9bn. US travelers are the biggest outbound spenders in the world.
- The US borders Mexico and Canada, so unsurprisingly they are the most visited countries. Other destinations such as Italy, the UK and France are further afield but still receive millions of US travelers each year.
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the US domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of US tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the US, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- Country Snapshot
- At a glance: The Dutch tourist market in 2018
- Risks to outbound Dutch tourism
- Main findings
- Tourists profiles
- Which types of holiday do the Dutch take and which do they not?
- Which factors motivate/de-motivate the Dutch when choosing a holiday?
- Insight into Dutch tourists
- Domestic tourism
- Domestic flows
- Domestic spending
- Outbound tourism
- Outbound flows
- Outbound spending
- Main and developing destinations
- Where did the Dutch travel to in 2018?
- Main destinations
- Developing destinations
- Opportunities to attract Dutch tourism
- Terminology and definitions
- About the Author
- GlobalData at a glance