Tourism Source Market Insight: Canada - Analysis of tourist profiles & flows, spending patterns,destination markets, risks and future opportunities
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight: Canada, report provides a detailed insight into Canada's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Canadian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Canadian outbound travel market.
This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Canadian outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
- Canada’s international expenditure on tourism is growing at an expansive rate. Total international expenditure grew from US$39.2billion in 2017 to US$41.5billion in 2018.
- Canadian tourists spend an average of US$154 per domestic trip.
- Canadians between the age of 50 and 64 are taking the most holidays with 51.8 million international and domestic trips being taken in 2018.
- This report provides clear insight into developments in Canada's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Canadian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- Country Snapshot
- At a glance: The Canadian tourist market in 2018
- Risks to outbound Canadian tourism
- Main findings
- Tourists profiles
- Which types of holiday do Canadians take and which do they not?
- Which factors motivate/de-motivate Canadians when choosing a holiday?
- Insight into Canadian tourists
- Domestic tourism
- Domestic flows
- Domestic spending
- Outbound tourism
- Outbound flows
- Outbound spending
- Main and developing destinations
- Where did Canadians travel to in 2018?
- Main destinations
- Developing destinations
- Opportunities to attract Canadian tourism
- Terminology and definitions
- About the Author
- GlobalData at a glance