Tourism Destination Market Insight - Turkey (2021)
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure, and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in Turkey. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the country as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Russia (driven by seaside tourism) and Germany (driven by VFR) are the two largest source markets for this destination.
- Pre-COVID-19 travel restrictions and after the 2016 crisis, inbound travel to Turkey was growing rapidly and was on its way to reach a high of 44.5 million international visits by 2019, (CAGR 2016-19: 21.6%).
- Pre-COVID-19, total inbound spend reached a high of $34.3 billion following an intermittent growth (CAGR 2016-19: 16.8%). However, in 2020, Turkey faced a staggering fall in the total inbound expenditure by -73.4% YoY to $9.2 billion from $34.4 billion in 2019.
Reasons to Buy
- This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case Turkey.
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- Key trends
- Project Development
- Covid-19 Impact
- Source Markets
- Types of Tourism
- City Focus
- Regional Risk and SWOT Analysis
- Appendix & References