Tourism Case Study: Norwegian Air - Analysis of the low cost carrier’s expansion and what can be learnt from it
GlobalData’s Tourism Case Study: Norwegian Air, discusses the low cost carrier's expansion and offers an insight into the key reasons behind the success of the company.
Within two decades, Norwegian has turned from a small regional airline with operations in Scandinavia into one of the largest and fastest growing low cost airlines globally, offering both short haul and long haul routes. The company has achieved to combine high quality and affordable prices, becoming among the top customer favorite globally. From its fuel-efficient fleet, the provision of free inflight Wi-Fi and the modern design of its aircrafts to the excellent service and ambitious expansion strategy, the airline stands out from its competitors.
Reasons to buy
- Norwegian is a disruptive force that re-invents the long haul travel experience
- The company, taking advantage of technological advancements, as well as thorough planning, is now able to offer low fares without significantly compromising quality
- Norwegian’s entrance to the market has increased competition, hence, has benefiting consumers through lower air fares
- Norwegian’s deep understanding of the needs of modern travelers, coupled with the never-ending adoption of innovation reminded legacy airlines that these two factors are essential for the sustained growth within aviation.
- This case study provides readers with insight into Norwegian Air’s rise and what can be learnt from it.
- It highlights the key reasons that allowed the company to grow from a small regional airline into one of the best low cost carriers globally, highlighting the importance of innovation.
- It also discusses key issues that key players in aviation must consider in order to ensure their sustained growth.
- Snapshot: Norwegian Air
- The rise of Norwegian Air
- How did Norwegian become a major player in aviation?
- What is to be learned from Norwegian’s success?
- What lies ahead for Norwegian?
- Case study takeouts