- PART : POTENTIAL ACQUISITION TARGETS OVER THE NEXT TWO YEARS
- Semiconductor sector
- Hardware sector
- Software sector
- Internet sector
- Media sector
- PART :
- M&A ACTIVITY OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS
- APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Tech M_A Targets - Global Thematic Research
In 2016, a number of M&A transactions in the technology and media sectors occurred including the takeovers of NetSuite, Marketo, Arcam and DreamWorks as well as several others. Over the coming two to three years, M&A activity in the technology and media sectors is expected to move into overdrive. Disruptive technology of some sort is likely to be the primary driver behind many of these future M&A transactions.
In this report, technology companies expected to be targeted over the next two years, who is likely to acquire them and why are indicated.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.