Semiconductor Scorecard - Thematic Research
China’s growing influence across every segment of the technology sector is not by chance, it is a fundamental pillar of Chinese economic policy. China’s growing influence over chip manufacturing and, increasingly, chip design is unlikely to be held back by the protectionist policies of the US government. Indeed, current US policy risks causing more harm to the US technology industry than good.
The end of Moore’s law has been largely dictated by physics - once the transistors on a chip are only two or three atoms apart, interference and random behavior is unavoidable. We are now at that point.
Our thematic scoring methodology is designed to identify tomorrow’s leaders rather than today’s incumbents, based on their competitive position in the most important themes impacting their industry.
To do this, we score the top 600 TMT companies against 60 investment themes, creating a database of 36,000 thematic scores - our thematic engine - to help us identify the strongest and weakest players in each sector over the next two years, once all relevant themes have been taken into account.
Reasons to buy
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and who the leading and lagging companies are.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 60 biggest themes driving growth in the tech, media and telecom sectors.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last four years.
- It looks at major technology, macro-economic, and regulatory themes impacting semiconductor companies.
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This Semiconductor Scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the semiconductor industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
- Theme map
- Table Figure 1: Theme map
- Sector performance
- Table Figure 2: Cumulative share price performance each year since 1 January 2015
- Company performance
- Table Figure 3: Price momentum
- Table Technology themes
- Table Macro-economic themes
- Sector scorecard: semiconductors
- Who's who
- Table Figure 4: Semiconductors
- Thematic screen
- Table Figure 5: Thematic Screen
- Valuation screen
- Table Figure 6: Valuation Screen
- Risk screen
- Table Figure 7: Risk Screen
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Traditional thematic research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- Introducing GlobalData's thematic engine
- This is how it works
- Table Figure 8: Five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- How our research reports fit into our overall research methodology
- About GlobalData
- Contact us