Mexico PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
The mining, manufacturing and utilities sector contributed 24.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels, and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities which contributed 20.54% and 21.37%, respectively. According to MarketLine, the three sectors are expected to decline by -4.9%, -0.1% and -3.2%, respectively, in 2020
Overall, the S&P/BMV IPC exhibited a downward trend over the last year. As of September 25, 2020, the S&P/BMV IPC stood at 36,583.71, compared to 43,014.07 on September 25, 2019.
Reasons to Buy
- According to the Logistics Performance Index by the World Bank, Mexico’s rank improved from 54th in 2016 to 51st in 2018 (out of 160 countries).
- Five major federal entities in Mexico generate approximately 44.6% of the country’s GDP and comprise 38.6% of the country’s population as of 2017, according to the OECD
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Country Highlights
- COVID-19 Impact
- COVID-19 Country Analysis
- Table Economic Impact of COVID-19
- Country Snapshot
- Key Indicators
- GlobalData Country Risk Index (GCRI) 2020
- Table EXHIBIT 2: PERFORMANCE OVERVIEW (SCORE: 1-100)
- Global Country Risk Index – Methodology
- Country Snapshot: Outlook
- Country Snapshot
- Country Snapshot: Key Sectors
- Country Snapshot: Investment by Sector
- Country Snapshot: Major Regions
- Country Snapshot: Infrastructure at a Glance
- Table EXHIBIT 7: KEY INFRASTRUCTURE INDICATORS
- PESTLE INSIGHTS
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technology Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report – Mexico