India Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026
India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The India total telecom and pay-TV service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.4%, supported by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 9.3% over the forecast period. This growth will be driven by growing mobile internet subscriptions, and telcos’ effort to accelerate the user upgrade from 4G to 5G, increasing mobile data ARPU, and projected rise in adoption of relatively higher ARPU yielding 5G services following its commercial launch in 2022. Fixed broadband service revenue will increase, at a five-year CAGR of 7.3%. Growth will be driven by relatively high ARPU yielding FTTH subscriptions, on the back of ongoing coverage expansions by the local government and increase in broadband ARPU. Pay-TV revenue will decline at a CAGR of 0.8% over the forecast period, due to decline in DSL and cable TV subscriptions and drop in pay-TV ARPU
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in India.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India will grow at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2021-2026.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 90.7% of total telecom revenue in 2026, driven by spike in mobile internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and increase in mobile data ARPU over the forecast period.
- 4G was the leading mobile technology with 66.9% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- Commercial launch of 5G services in India is expected in 2022.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of India’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in India’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in India’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in India.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile servic