Inbound Tourism Spending Habits: Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
GlobalData’s Expenditure Markets In Focus report provides in-depth analysis of the top 10 spending markets globally. Here, detailed commentary is provided for inbound spending in the US, China, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Thailand, Hong Kong, the UK and Japan.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights for the top 10 inbound spending markets globally. Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the top 10 global inbound tourism markets are combined with a detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in these markets such as average spending per trip and total expenditure. Actionable insight on key trends and issues in these markets is then given.
Reasons to buy
- Chinese tourists are the most significant contributors to Thai tourism. Factors such as the 15-day visa-on-arrival policy and an increase in flight connectivity from the Tier I and Tier II cities allows Chinese travelers to visit Thailand conveniently.
- Due to anti-tourist movements by localities that protest against tourism overcrowding in cities such as Venice and the towns of Cinque Terre, the Culture Ministry has come up with an unprecedented initiative14 to promote the less explored corners of the country for foreign visitors mainly from China, Spain, and the US. Moreover, they have updated transport tickets to provide transportation services from major metropolitan cities to less explored areas.
- In 2017, the US continued to dominate as the highest inbound tourist expenditure market, followed by China and Spain. However, inbound tourist expenditure in the US declined by 0.4% in 2017 compared to 2016, due to a strong dollar and competition from other nations.
- Gauge an idea about how the top 10 markets are expected to grow using historic and forecast market data
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends, growth opportunities
- Direct promotional efforts on the most promising markets by identifying the key source countries.
- Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
- US: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- China: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Spain: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- France: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Italy: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Germany: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Thailand: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Hong Kong: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- UK: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Japan: Inbound Tourism Spending Habits