Hong Kong Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026
Hong Kong Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Hong Kong today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a CAGR of 1.9%, primarily supported by contributions from mobile data and fixed broadband service segments. Mobile data service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 5.9%, driven by increasing mobile internet subscriptions and growing data ARPU over the forecast period. The growth will also be supported by a projected rise in adoption of higher ARPU 5G services over the forecast period. Fixed broadband revenue will also grow at a CAGR of 2.7%, supported by improving fixed broadband service adoption and initiatives by the government and operators to improve coverage of fixed broadband networks.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analyses of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Hong Kong.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulations, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind GlobalData's published base-case forecasts as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, GlobalData's base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- The overall telecom service revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% over the 2021-2026 forecast period.
- Mobile services revenue is estimated to be 87.9% of the total telecom service revenue in 2026.
- The top 3 operators (PCCW, China Mobile Hong Kong, and 3 Hong Kong) accounted for 70.6% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Hong Kong's telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Hong Kong's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, and pay-TV services, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Hong Kong's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Hong Kong.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile servic