Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Tourism Destination Market Insight, 2021 Update - Analysis of Source Markets, Infrastructure and Attractions, and Risks and Opportunities
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the country as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Across the GCC members, in 2020 total international arrivals fell by -69.5% YoY highlighting the tough measures adopted to prevent the spread of the virus. Saudi Arabia experienced the largest YoY decline of -73.7%.
- Intra-GCC arrivals are significant and unsurprising given the ease of connectivity between the countries. For all six countries combined, 22.7% of arrivals were from GCC countries. Countries with a smaller or less developed tourism product tend to be more heavily reliant on GCC tourists.
- All countries across the GCC offer a range of natural landscapes ideal for adventure travelers seeking to reconnect with the great outdoors. Aside from the expanse of coastline, the arid desert climate, mountains, and natural pools all create a stunning destination for adventure-seeking tourists. With such a vast expanse of different adventure opportunities, GCC countries have a strong product to promote
Reasons to Buy
- This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a burgeoning tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- Gulf Cooperation Council Overview 2020
- Gulf Cooperation Council Country Overview
- GCC Countries Ranks on Butler’s Curve
- Projects and Developments
- Tourism Construction Projects
- New and Increased Airline Routes / Partnerships
- COVID-19 Impact
- COVID-19 Impact on Tourism
- Destination Actions
- Source Markets
- Main Source Markets - Intra-GCC Travel
- Main Source Markets
- Upcoming Source Markets
- Types of Tourism
- Sun and Beach Tourism
- Adventure/Sport Tourism
- Religious Tourism
- Destination Focus
- The UAE
- Saudi Arabia
- Regional Risk and SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Appendix & References