Comfort and Uncertainty - Consumer TrendSights Analysis, 2023Summary
Comfort & Uncertainty is one of the mega-trends that GlobalData covers as part of our TrendSights series . The analysis covers what the trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize. The research concludes by identifying where the trend is heading next and how long it will last.
The Comfort & Uncertainty mega-trend recognizes that consumers value safety, tradition, simplicity, and reassurance due to rising stress and uncertainty in their lives and the world around them. This is linked to a resurgence in old-fashioned craft traditions, all things local, and general caution towards change, in turn driving a greater preference for familiar brands and products that consumers know and trust.Scope
Reasons to Buy
- Since the pandemic, the world's socioeconomic structures have evolved, creating disruption and uncertainty in consumers' lives. In response they are seeking control through cautious purchasing, favoring familiar brands.
- Consumers face unprecedented economic upheaval regarding the cost-of-living crisis. This is driving people to seek more reliable and familiar products with an emphasis on supporting local communities and businesses while also spending more time at home to save money.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
- TrendSights Analysis 2023: Comfort & Uncertainty
- Trend Snapshot
- Trend Analysis
- Take-outs and Implications
- What Next?
- Contact Us