Brazil Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Brazil Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Brazil today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Brazil will grow at a CAGR of 6%, supported by revenue growth across mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data services revenues will increase at a robust CAGR of 8.9%. This growth will be driven by spike in mobile internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and increase in mobile data ARPU over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenues will increase at the fastest CAGR of 12.1%, driven by inclining broadband ARPU and growth across cable and FTTH subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansions by the operators like Oi and Vivo.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Brazil.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Brazil will grow at a CAGR of 6% over 2021-2026.
- Mobile revenue will account for 45.8% share of the total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2026, driven by increasing data ARPS, spike in mobile internet subscriptions, and growing consumption of mobile data services.
- 4G will remain the most adopted mobile technology in 2021, while 5G will corner 14.4% subscription share by end of 2026.
- Vivo leads the Brazil’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2021, followed by Claro.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Brazil's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Brazil's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Brazil's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Brazil.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData