Technology Convergence Enabling Homes of the Future
Internet of Things (IoT) is gaining momentum in multiple industries. The concept is influencing the home arena leading to automation and connected living. Advancements in technologies enabling the development of smart and connected devices are leading to the development of a wide range of solutions for home security and home connectivity applications. Increased home safety, remote-control capability of devices, improved convenience, and reduction of energy bills are encouraging advancements in the home automation industry.
A number of technologies are paving the way for connected living. Technologies such as voice activation, smart sensors, robotics, wearables, wireless charging, smart sensors, and wireless communication are playing a vital role in home automation.
The technology and innovation research report, “Technology Convergence Enabling Homes of the Future” highlights the key enabling technologies leading to connected homes. It also offers insights on individual technologies and global products, developments in technologies enabling home automation and industrial initiatives. The scope of the research report is limited to technologies enabling home automation such as voice activation, smart sensors, robotics, wearables, wireless charging, smart sensors, and wireless communication.
Key questions addressed in the research service include the following:
1. What are the key technologies driving home automation?
2. What are the benefits and applications of the technology in future homes?
3. What are the focus areas of technology developers and the key industry initiatives in the home automation space?
4. What are the future growth opportunities and what is roadmap for future homes?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Process and Methodology
- Regulations to Minimize the Emissions is one of the Major Drivers
- Electric Drives are Used to Control the Speed and Operational Efficiency
- Fuel Cell is a Clean Alternative for Diesel but Still Nascent
- Electric and Hybrid Propulsion Systems
- Mechanical Propulsion Are Better Suited For The Cargo Ships
- Electric Hybrid Propulsion Adoption Is More In Vessels With Varying Operational Conditions Like Tugs And Ferries
- Electric Propulsion Helps Achieve Better Emission With Reduced NOx Emissions And Lowered Fuel Consumption
- Hybrid Propulsion can Help the Ship Operate Over Wider Load and Speed Ranges
- Emission Reduction and Ease of Control are Some of the Major Impacts of the Electric Propulsion Systems
- Plug-In battery Hybrid ferries are being developed
- Different Types Of Operational Modes For Hybrid Propulsion Systems
- Dual Fuel Electric Propulsion Have Better Efficiency (approximately 43%) Than The Conventional Steam Propulsion
- Solutions Like Sinusoidal Drives Are Emerging To Replace The Conventional PWM Drives
- Implementation Cases and Key Solution Profiles
- Electric Propulsion: Implementation Cases
- Key Solution: Electric and Hybrid Propulsion
- Marine Electric Systems
- Power Infrastructure In Vessels
- Key Profiles: Power Infrastructure Components In Vessels
- Power Management Systems In Vessels
- Key Profiles: Power Management Systems
- Energy Storage Solutions Help in Evening Out Voltage and Frequency Fluctuations in Vessels
- Battery Energy Storage can be used with AFE drives and Active Filters to Mitigate Harmonics
- Other Propulsion Systems
- Kite And High Altitude Sail Based Propulsion Is One Of Key Commercialized Alternative Solution
- Outlook on Fuel Cell Technology
- List of Technologies: Fuel Cell Improves Energy Efficiency of Facilities
- Table List of Technologies: Fuel Cell Improves Energy Efficiency of Facilities
- List of Technologies: Summary of a Heavy Duty Fuel Cell Powered System
- Implementation Cases: Key Innovators Concentrated in Europe
- Challenges: The Main Problem for Electric Propulsion is Safety of Power Sources
- Drivers: The Main Driver for Electric Propulsion is The Need for Cleaner and Safer Ship
- Key Attractive Technologies
- Cost Projection of Energy Storage Technologies: Low Temperature PEM Fuel Cell
- Table Cost Breakdown (Not Exhaustive) 36
- Growth Opportunities and Insights
- Growth Opportunity 1: Vessels can be Compared to Floating Microgrids
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Industry Contacts