Recombinant Vaccines Market, by Product Type (Subunit Recombinant Vaccines, Attenuated Recombinant Vaccines, Vector Recombinant Vaccines), by Disease Type (Infectious Disease, Cancer, Allergy, and others), by End User (Recombinant Human Vaccines and Animal Recombinant Vaccines (Poultry, Companion Animal Vaccines, Livestock, Porcine, and Aquaculture Vaccines)), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022 - 2030
Recombinant vaccines are products of genetic engineering, in which a harmless agent, such as yeast, is programmed to produce antigens of diseases. A small piece of DNA is extracted from the virus or bacteria against which protection is required and inserted into the manufacturing cells. To manufacture the hepatitis B vaccine, for example, a part of the hepatitis B virus's DNA is inserted into the DNA of yeast cells. These yeast cells can then manufacture one of the hepatitis B virus's surface proteins, which is purified and used as the active ingredient in the vaccine. The benefit of recombinant vaccines is that they can also be utilized for patients with compromised immune systems. These vaccines are safe and have less or no side-effects as compared to conventional vaccines, in the prevention of various diseases such as influenza, cholera, typhoid, and dengue. Recombinant vaccines are also used in animals for prevention of diseases such as foot and mouth disease, pneumonia and septicemia, and pox disease. Vaccination results in the prevention of disease, by producing antibodies against the protein antigen of pathogenic microorganisms.
Increasing approvals by regulatory bodies to key players for recombinant vaccines is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in December 2021, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., a vaccine manufacturer, and Novavax, a biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing next-generation vaccines for serious infectious diseases, received emergency use authorization (EUA) for Novavax's recombinant nanoparticle protein-based COVID-19 vaccine with Matrix-M adjuvant by the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global recombinant vaccines market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2022–2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global recombinant vaccines market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, GSK plc., GC Biopharma, Bayer AG, Bharat Biotech, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., Sartorius AG, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., and Bio Farma
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global recombinant vaccines market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts1
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global recombinant vaccines market
- Global Recombinant Vaccines Market, By Product Type:
- Subunit Recombinant Vaccines
- Attenuated Recombinant Vaccines
- Vector Recombinant Vaccines
- Global Recombinant Vaccines Market, By Disease Type:
- Infectious Disease
- Global Recombinant Vaccines Market, By End User:
- Recombinant Human Vaccines
- Animal Recombinant Vaccines Hospitals
- Companion Animal Vaccines
- Aquaculture Vaccines
- Global Recombinant Vaccines Market, By Region:
- North America
- By Country
- Latin America
- By Country
- Rest of Latin America
- By Country
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- By Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- By Country
- Rest of Middle East
- By Region/Country
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- Company Profiles
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- GSK plc.
- GC Biopharma
- Bayer AG
- Bharat Biotech
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sartorius AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Bio Farma
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.