Ion Exchange Resins Market, by Product Type (Cation Exchange Resins, Anion Exchange Resins, Others), by Application (Power Generation, Chemical & Fertilizers, Food & Beverages, Electrical & Electronics, Pharmaceuticals, Paper & Pulp, Domestic & Wastewater Treatment, Others), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa)- Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022 - 2030
Ion exchange resins are extensively used in water treatment plants to remove contaminants such as pollutants, factory wastes, and pathogenic microorganisms in drinking water. Wastewater produced from agriculture, industrial processes, and sewage are discarded into freshwater resources, making the freshwater toxic and unsuitable for human consumption.
Growth in the food & beverage industry is expected to serve major growth opportunities to the market of ion exchange resins. According to the United States Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service, in 2018, the U.S. consumers, businesses, and government entities spent US$ 1.71 trillion on food and beverages in grocery stores and other retailers and on away-from-home meals and snacks.
Increasing demand for fresh water and increasing number of wastewater treatment plant across the globe is driving the market for the ion exchange resins. For instance, in October 2019, Clariant, a technology consulting and designing firm, inaugurated a new state-of-the-art Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) at the Industrial & Consumer Specialties (ICS) site in Bonthapally, India. The plant at the zero liquid discharge site has the capacity to treat 300 kiloliters of wastewater per day.
The global ion exchange resins market has witnessed significant growth in recent past years, owing to the rising need for water treatment solutions across the globe. With the increase in population across the globe, there is an upsurge in industrial activities and urbanization which in turn is expected to provide lucrative growth to the global Ion exchange resins market over the forecast period.
Major players in the global ion exchange resins market are increasing their investment on innovative product launch, research & development, and marketing & promotional activities to capitalize on emerging trends in various end-use industries such as energy, chemical, food & beverages, electrical & electronics, pharmaceuticals, paper & pulp and others. These factors are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of global ion exchange resins market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global ion exchange resins market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include The Dow Chemical Company, Lanxess Ag, Purolite Corporation, Thermax Limited, Ion Exchange India Ltd., Samyang Holdings Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Sunresin New Materials Co. Ltd., ResinTech Inc., Novasep Holding, Samyang Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. and Jiangsu Suqing Water Treatment Engineering Group Co., Ltd
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global ion exchange resins market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, Ion Exchange Resins service providers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global ion exchange resins market
- Global Ion Exchange Resins Market, By Product Type :
- Cation Exchange Resins
- Anion Exchange Resins
- Global Ion Exchange Resins Market, By Application:
- Power Generation
- Chemical & Fertilizers
- Food & Beverages
- Electrical & Electronics
- Paper & Pulp
- Domestic & Wastewater Treatment
- Global Ion Exchange Resins Market, By Region:
- North America
- By Country:
- Latin America
- By Country:
- Rest of Latin America
- By Country:
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- By Country:
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- By Country/Region:
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Lanxess Ag
- Purolite Corporation
- Thermax Limited
- Ion Exchange India Ltd.
- Samyang Holdings Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Sunresin New Materials Co. Ltd.
- ResinTech Inc.
- Novasep Holding
- Samyang Corporation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Jiangsu Suqing Water Treatment Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section