Market Size Determination for the Cell Therapy CDMO Market
Among cell therapy companies, the pressure for manufacturing innovation and optimization can incentivize them to seek third-party partners who possess technical, manufacturing, and regulatory expertise, such as cell therapy contract and development manufacturing organizations (CDMOs).
Benefits of partnering with a cell therapy CDMO include scalability, speed to market, access to technical expertise without overhead costs, and cost efficiencies. With more than two dozen market participants now offering cell therapy CDMO services, demand for these services is clearly expanding.
For this reason, we released a 20-page market brief that defines the size of the Cell Therapy CDMO Market and provides future market projections.
It reveals the…
1. Top 3 market leaders (that control nearly 50% of the market share)
2. Relative size of each market participant
3. Size of the Cell Therapy CDMO Market
4. Projections for the Cell Therapy CDMO Market through 2022
Cell therapy CDMOs featured in this analysis include:
1. WuXi PharmaTech, including Subsidiary WuXi AppTech, Inc.
2. Lonza, Cell Therapy Manufacturing Unit – Acquired PharmaCell, B.V. in May 2017
3. Hitachi Chemical Advanced Therapeutics Solutions (HCATS)/PCT – HCATS acquired PCT March 2017
4. MasTHerCell – Acquired by Orgenesis
5. Miltenyi Bioprocess, the Contract Manufacturing Business of Miltenyi Biotec
6. Nikon CeLL innovation Co., Ltd. (“NCLi”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nikon Corporation
7. KBI Biopharma – Acquired Opexa Assets, February 2017
8. Brammer Bio – Formed through Merger of Brammer Biopharmaceuticals and Florida Biologix
9. CCRM – Built a 10,000 ft² Centre for Advanced Therapeutic Cell Technologies supported by CAD $40M from GE and FedDev Ontario
10. ACG Asahi Glass – Bought German CDMO company Biomeva in September 2016
11. Roslin Cell Therapies, a Subsidiary of Roslin Cells
12. Akron Biotech – Develops and manufactures ancillary materials and novel products/tools under cGMP compliance for tissue, cell and gene therapies
13. apceth Biopharm
14. Cognate Bioservices, Inc.
15. MEDINET Co. Ltd.
16. The Clinical Trial Company (TCTC)
17. Praxis Pharmaceutical
18. Cellular Therapeutics Ltd. (CTL)
19. CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting
20. Eufets GmbH
21. Fraunhofer Gesellschaft
22. Cellforcure SASU
23. Molmed S.p.A.
24. Advent Bioservices Ltd
25. Gravitas Biomanufacturing
26. Cell Therapies Pty Ltd (CTPL)