Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Offering, Application, Technology, Transplant Type, End User, and Country Analysis - Analysis and Forecast, 2023-2033
Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: Industry Overview
In 2022, the global organ transplant diagnostics market was valued at $4.03 billion and is expected to reach $11.78 billion by 2033, with a CAGR of 10.45% during the forecast period 2023-2033. The key factors driving growth include a rise in the incidence of chronic diseases leading to organ failure increases in the use of transplant diagnostics, increase in the adoption of stem cell therapy and incidences of leukemia leading to an upsurge in demand for transplant diagnostics tests, advantages of developing advanced molecular and genomic technologies in the transplant diagnostics, and presence of favorable regulatory scenario including reimbursement schemes.Market Lifecycle Stage
The global organ transplant diagnostics market is in the developed phase. The development of non-invasive techniques for monitoring transplant recipients using NGS and advancements in human leukocyte antigen (HLA) typing tests for an organ transplant are some of the major opportunities in the global organ transplant diagnostics market.Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the healthcare segment in different ways. The organ transplant segment of the industry got highly impacted by the pandemic, as the focus of hospitals and ambulatory centers shifted toward the affected patients. Moreover, as a method of prevention, surgeries got delayed, which had a significant effect on organ transplant procedures and on organ transplant diagnostics tests.Market Segmentation:
Segmentation 1: by Offering
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by offering) is expected to be dominated by the services segment.Segmentation 2: by Transplant Type
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Stem Cell Transplant
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by transplant type) is expected to be dominated by the solid organ transplant segment.Segmentation 3: by Application
- Translational Research
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by application) is expected to be dominated by the diagnostics segment.Segmentation 4: by Technology
- Molecular Technologies
- Non-Molecular Technologies
- Other Technologies
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by technology) is expected to be dominated by the molecular technologies segment.Segmentation 5: by End User
- Hospitals and Transplant Centers
- Academic and Research Institutions
- Reference Laboratories
- Other End Users
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by end user) is expected to be dominated by the hospitals and transplant centers segment.Segmentation 6: by Region
- North America - U.S., Canada
- Europe - Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific - China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Latin America - Brazil, Mexico, and Rest-of-Latin America
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by region) is dominated by the North America region.Recent Developments in the Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- In April 2023, bioMérieux S.A. and Oxford Nanopore entered into a strategic partnership agreement to develop innovative infectious disease diagnostics, which would also lead to the development of infectious disease tests used during transplantation.
- In April 2023, CareDx and Miromatrix announced an exclusive partnership to advance research using bioengineered organs for human transplantation.
- In December 2022, GenDx partnered with Azure Biosystems, a leading provider of innovative bioanalytical solutions for protein and genomic research, to demonstrate the compatibility of the Azure Cielo 6 qPCR System with the GenDx KMRtype and KMRtrack kits.
- In November 2022, Bio-Rad Laboratories and NuProbe USA signed a licensing agreement for digital PCR assay development. The technology would advance Bio-Rad’s portfolio.
- In October 2022, Eurobio Scientific finalized the purchase of a 100% stake in Genome Diagnostics BV (GenDx) in a deal valued at $132.3 million.
- In September 2022, BioMAdvanced Diagnostics announced fundraising of $1.3 million. The fundraising would allow BioMAdvanced Diagnostics to finalize the design of its first products and to start two clinical studies, one on the rejection of kidney transplants and the other on the lung.
- In September 2022, BioMAdvanced Diagnostics announced the launch of Design Freeze of its IVD test for transplant kidney rejection.
- In September 2022, GenDx announced that it signed a non-exclusive service agreement with Oxford Nanopore Technologies (Oxford Nanopore) to bring its new NGS-Turbo product to the transplant market for high-resolution HLA typing.
Demand – Drivers and LimitationsFollowing are the drivers for the Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics market:
The market is expected to face some limitations as well due to the following challenges:
- Rise in the Incidence of Chronic Diseases Leading to Organ Failure Increases the Use of Transplant Diagnostics
- Increase in the Adoption of Stem Cell Therapy and Incidences of Leukemia Leading to an Upsurge in Demand for Transplant Diagnostics Tests
- Advantages of Developing Advanced Molecular and Genomic Technologies in the Transplant Diagnostics Tests
- Presence of Favorable Regulatory Scenario Including Reimbursement Schemes
How can this report add value to an organization?
- Increased Gap in Organ Donation and Organ Transplant Demand, which Hinders the Growth of the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- High Cost of Investment for Transplant Diagnostics Tests
The offerings segment helps the reader understand the different manufacturers and service providers available in the market for organ transplant diagnostics. Moreover, the study provides the reader with a detailed understanding of transplant types and applications.Growth/Marketing Strategy:
The global organ transplant diagnostics market has witnessed major development by key players operating in the market, such as product launches, business expansions, partnerships, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, funding activities, and regulatory and legal approvals. The favored strategy for the companies has been synergistic activities such as partnerships, collaborations, expansions, and funding activities. For instance, in April 2023, bioMérieux S.A. and Oxford Nanopore entered into a strategic partnership agreement to develop innovative infectious disease diagnostics, which will also lead to the development of infectious disease tests used during transplantation.Competitive Strategy:
The key players in the global organ transplant diagnostics market analyzed and profiled in the study involve established and emerging players that offer different products and services for organ transplant diagnostics. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global organ transplant diagnostics market has been done to help the reader understand the ways in which players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape. Moreover, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions will help the reader understand the untapped revenue pockets in the market.Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on inputs gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration.Key Companies Profiled
- Abbott Laboratories
- BAG Group GmbH
- bioMérieux S.A.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Eurobio Scientific
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Immucor, Inc.
- Omixon Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
*PDF email from publisher allows for 1-3 users, with permission to print*
- ARUP Laboratories
- CareDx, Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated