Global Polylactic Acid (PLA) Market for 3D Printing: Focus on User Type (Hobbyist, Education, Industrial), Diameter (1.75 MM and 3 MM), Application (Automotive, Food Packaging, Healthcare, House Hold Items, Others) – Analysis & Forecast, 2018-2028
The introduction of 3D printing technology has not only enhanced the efficiency of designing and production process on a large-scale in various industries, but it also led to more creativity amidst users such as hobbyists and students on a smaller scale. The research study highlights the potential of PLA material in the 3D printing industry and its consumption pattern across different segments. The favorable properties of PLA have given the users the opportunity to explore and innovate their products in multiple end-user industries such as automotive, healthcare, and food packaging. The growth of PLA is attributed to its bio-based origin, reliable properties, and cost-effectiveness as compared to that of the other materials that are used for 3D printing.
The global PLA market for 3D printing is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 19.30% over the period of 2018 to 2028. This growth in the market is attributed to the increasing demand from various end-use application verticals such as automotive industry, food packaging industry, healthcare, and household items.
The report is a compilation of different segments of the global polylactic acid market for 3D printing, including market breakdown by user type, diameter type, application, and region. Herein, the revenue generated from the user type (industrial, hobbyist, and education), diameter types (1.75 mm and 3 mm or 2.85 mm), application (automotive, food packaging, healthcare, household items and others) and regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America) are tracked to calculate the overall market size in terms of value ($million). While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the global polylactic acid market for 3D printing. It also includes information on the key participants involved in the industry in the relevant sections.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What is the global polylactic acid (PLA) market size in terms of value and volume from 2017-2028, and what are the year-on-year growth rates and the CAGR from 2018 to 2028?
- What are the different user types that use PLA and their growth pattern in terms of value and volume for the forecast period?
- What are the major end-user industries for global PLA for 3D printing market in terms of revenue generation and consumption across different regions and countries?
- What is the consumption pattern of PLA for 3D printing market in different diameter range?
- Which are the major regions and countries that provide growth opportunities for the PLA market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the PLA market on the basis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- Who are the key players (with their detailed analysis and profiles including their financials, company snapshots, key products and services, and SWOT analysis) in the market?
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the Porter’s Five Forces Analysis to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The most commonly used strategy for developing a better hold on the market has been product launches between the period August 2015 to March 2019. Moreover, the company profile section highlights significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies, and developmental activities of recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive region-wise analysis that includes an analysis of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa, and South America. Each region details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the information on the key players from that region. This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 100 players in the global PLA market and draws upon the insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 50 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles approximately 15 suppliers with their financial analysis, SWOT, and product portfolio.The companies profiled in the report are
FUTERRO S.A., NatureWorks LLC, Stratasys Ltd., Synbra Technology bv, Total Corbion PLA, ZHEJIANG HISUN BIOMATERIALS CO., LTD., ColorFabb BV, Fillamentum Manufacturing Czech s.r.o., HATCHBOX 3D, Innofil3D BV, MakerBot Industries, LLC, Polymaker LLC, Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co., Ltd, Torwell Technologies Co., Ltd, and Ultimaker B.V.Please note:
* The single user license comes with a password which can beused only by the designated user to view the file. This format does notallow the user to copy or print the document, or to share the passwordwith anyone other than the user.*