Soy-Based Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives: Trends and Global Markets
A soy-based adhesive is a type of adhesive formulated using soy flour and a proprietary crosslinking resin, which are blended together. The product is a water-based system. The resin reacts with the protein in the soy flour forming a durable, water-resistant thermoset adhesive that is comparable in strength and performance with petroleum-based adhesives.
Pressure-sensitive adhesives are used only on specific substrates for specific functions. The product is particularly designed for certain conditions and environments. The product works under extreme pressure conditions; as a result, the product is called a pressure-sensitive adhesive. Soy-based pressure-sensitive adhesives are non-reactive adhesives and perform only when the pressure is applied. The soy-based pressure-sensitive adhesive forms a bond under pressure; no solvent, water or heat is required to activate the adhesive. The product is used in pressure-sensitive tapes, labels, glue dots, note pads, automobile trim and a wide variety of other products.
With developments across industries, growing applications and the need for advanced technologies, there have been developments and advancements in the adhesive space. With new government regulations across the globe to protect animal and human life, the demand for bio-based and environmentally friendly adhesives has increased. Along with rising demand for renewable products, there has been a demand for a new class of advanced adhesive products. A new class of renewable pressure-sensitive adhesive can be designed and developed from soybean oil.
This report presents an overview of the global market for the soy-based adhesives. Analyses of global market trends use data from 2017 (considered the base year), 2018 and forecasts for 2023 with projections of CAGR for the forecast period.
The report discusses technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that affect the market. Further, it analyzes the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global soy-based adhesive market and current trends within the industry.
- An overview of the global soy-based pressure-sensitive adhesives market
- Regional analysis of the soy-based adhesives and their application markets (both value and volumetric data) covering major geographical regions of North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- Discussion of technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that affect the market
- Identification of segments with high growth potential and information on prospects of each segment with increasing newer applications
- Detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global soy-based adhesives market, including Cargill, Franklin Adhesives and Polymers, Iowa State University, Oregon State University and Solenis
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook