Smart Coatings: Applications and Global Markets
The scope of the report covers the overview of the global market for smart coatings and analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2016, considering base year of 2017 and estimates for 2018 and 2023 with projection of CAGR in the forecast duration. The sales values are presented in US dollars, while volumes are presented in kilotons units. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
The report includes discussion of technological and economic trends that are affecting the market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the smart coatings market and current trends within the industry.
This report categorizes the global smart coatings market based on layer, function, end-use industry and region. On the basis of layers, the smart coatings market is divided into multi-layer and Single layer. Based on function, the smart coatings market is divided as anticorrosion, self-healing, self-cleaning, anti-icing, anti-fouling, anti-microbialand others (includes anti-fog, superhydrophobic, and self-dimming). On the basis of end-use industry, the market is divided into building and construction, automotive, aerospace, military, healthcare, consumer electronics, and others (includes marine, oil and gas, food processing, power, and textile). On the basis of region, the market is divided into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes profiles of the major market players operating in the global smart coatings market.
- 71 data tables and 23 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for smart coatings
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018 and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Discussion of properties of smart coatings such as scratch resistance, strong acid resistance, high optical transmission, thermal stability and in-situ healing
- Explanation of the major advantages of smart coatings such as increased ease of maintenance, easy-to-clean, good adhesion, and dirt-repellent
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including The Dow Chemical Co., PPG Industries Inc, The Sherwin-Williams Co., 3M, and AkzoNobel N.V
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook