Insulin Delivery Devices - Global Trends, Estimates and Forecasts, 2014-2021 Industry Overview
A. DIABETES PREVALENCE WORLDWIDE ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO)
Diabetes is on The Rise Globally
Diabetes presently, affects nearly 382 million people all over the world and is projected to impact another 592 million by 2035.
29.1 million Americans that is 9.3% of the population have diabetes of both types and close to 2.5 million Americans presently battle with type 1, insulin-dependent diabetes. Besides, 86 million Americans around 20 plus are categorized as prediabetic, along with 51% of the elderly who are around 65 plus.
As a result of this condition the healthcare outlay in the US is nearly $245 billion every year and increasing at the rate of eight percent annually because of poor glucose level management. Besides, globally the expenditure for diabetes is projected to take up 11% of total healthcare outlay. Approximately, one out of 400 children have type I insulin dependent condition in the US and 26% population of the elderly who are around 65 plus have this condition.
It is a proven fact that diabetes the chief cause for cardiovascular ailments, cardiac attacks, kidney disease, blindness, and various devastating diseases and problems. Unfortunately, it is the seventh leading reason for death in the U.S.
Diabetes is the persistent disease that has affected individuals all over the world and the World Health Organization projects that the figure could touch 366 million by 2030. Besides, the United States is presumed to have a rise of nearly 102 per cent in the diabetic wave by 2030 in comparison to the figures of 2000. Similarly, Europe is expected to see a 43 per cent increase, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness a 130 per cent rise and Africa and Middle East is expected to confront a large rise that is nearly 162 percent in the diabetic population. Alarmingly, IDF DIABETES ATLAS estimates that the present statistics of 415 million adult diabetic patients will see an increase to 642 million by 2040.
Diabetes - A Worldwide Perspective
Approximately, 285 million people, that are nearly 6.4 per cent of the global adult population, live with diabetes and this population is likely to blow up to 438 million by 2030 that is nearly 7.8 per cent of the adult population.
- III. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
- A. DIABETES PREVALENCE WORLDWIDE ACCORDING TO
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO)
- DIABETES IS ON THE RISE GLOBALLY
- DIABETES - A WORLDWIDE PERSPECTIVE
- DIABETES BUSINESS WORLDWIDE
- SOUTH KOREA
- 88. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) FOR AFRICA (2000-2030)
- 89. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) FOR EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (2000-2030)
- 90. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) FOR THE AMERICAS (2000-2030)
- 91. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) FOR EUROPEAN (2000-2030)
- 92. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) FOR SOUTH-EAST ASIA (2000-2030)
- 93. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) FOR WESTERN PACIFIC (2000-2030)
- COUNTRIES WITH HIGH DIABETES PREVALENCE
- INFUSION PUMP IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVE
- ANIMAS® VIBE®
- INSULET ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT PARTNER FOR THE OMNIPOD ARTIFICIAL PANCREAS COMPANY'S
- ALLIANCE WITH ALGORITHM PARTNER MARKS CRITICAL STEP FORWARD IN
- ADVANCED DIABETES TREATMENT
- INSULET DEALS NEIGHBORHOOD DIABETES BIZ TO LIBERTY MED FOR $5M
- THE OMNIPOD™ INSULIN MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, THE WORLD’S FIRST TUBELESS INSULIN PUMP,
- IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR CANADIANS WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES
- PARTNERING TO DELIVER INTEGRATED CARE FOR BETTER PATIENT OUTCOME
- INNOVATIVE NEW INSULIN PUMPS (EXISTING & UNDER DEVELOPMENT)
- LAUNCH OF THE ABCD INSULIN PUMP NETWORK UK
- QUICK-SET® INFUSION SET
- MINIMED PARADIGM REVEL™ INSULIN PUMP
- ACCU-CHEK® AND BLUETOOTH® TECHNOLOGIES ALLOW YOU TO REMOTELY CONTROL YOUR PUMP,
- MAKING INSULIN DELIVERY EASY, QUICK AND DISCREET
- CALIBRA FINESSE BOLUS INSULIN PATCH PUMP TO LAUNCH IN THE US IN 2016
- INSULIN PATCH PUMPS
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW MEASURE FOR ASSESSING INSULIN DELIVERY DEVICE SATISFACTION
- IN PATIENTS WITH TYPE 1 AND TYPE 2 DIABETES
- NOVO KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK WITH NEW "ECHO" SMART INSULIN PEN
- FDA APPROVES NEW INSULIN PUMP-CONTINUOUS SENSOR COMBO
- EVOLVING TRENDS IN INSULIN DELIVERY: IN PURSUIT OF IMPROVEMENTS IN DIABETES MANAGEMENT
- VARIOUS EMERGING TRENDS IN INSULIN DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS
- INSULIN PENS: IMPROVING ADHERENCE AND REDUCING COSTS
- INSULIN PUMPS
- INHALED INSULIN
- BARRIERS TO CONVENTIONAL INSULIN INJECTION THERAPY
- NEWER INSULIN DELIVERY METHODS
- 94. WORLDWIDE KEY PLAYERS INTO INSULIN DELIVERY DEVICES INDUSTRY THAT PROJECT IMPROVED
- MARKET ACTIVITIES IN THE NEAR FUTURE
- C. KEY COMPANY PROFILES
- BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY
- B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- TERUMO CORPORATION
- MEDTRONIC, INC.
- ELI LILY AND COMPANY
- NOVO NORDISK
- F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE, LTD.
- JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- INSULET CORPORATION
- TANDEM DIABETES CARE, INC.
- ANIMAS CORP.
- SOOIL DEVELOPMENT
- AMBISEA TECHNOLOGY
- OWEN MUMFORD, LTD.
- HTL-STREFA S.A
- ALLISON MEDICAL, INC.
- ULTIMED, INC.
- 95. MAJOR COMPANIES SALES REVENUE FOR 2015
- IV. INDUSTRY COMPANY DATABASE
- INSULIN DELIVERY DEVICE COMPANIES
- DIABETES CARE COMPANIES
- V. APPENDIX
- A. RESEARCH FOCUS
- B. ABOUT AXIS RESEARCH MIND
- C. DISCLAIMER
- D. FEEDBACK