Vietnam Data Center Market - Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities 2023-2028
The Vietnam data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.68% from 2022 to 2028
- With the implementation of the data localization law in Vietnam, data center investments are increasing on a YoY basis. The country is witnessing investments from new entrants such as Data Center First, Edge Centres, Infracrowd Capital, and Worldwide DC Solutions. Existing operators are expanding their presence in the country by investing in the new facility and expanding the existing facility.
- Regarding network connectivity, the country has five existing submarine cables connecting to APAC & EMEA countries and the US. Asia Direct Cable (ADC) and Southeast Asia-Japan Cable 2 (SJC2) are the two upcoming submarine cables expected to be operational by 2023/2024.
- The Government has launched the digitalization initiative known as Digital Transformation Program 2025 aims to transfer around 50% of the business to digital platforms by 2025.
- In the country, the 5G network connectivity increase drives the demand for edge data center deployment and offers last-mile connectivity and lower latency services. In August 2022, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced the launch of edge data centers in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.
- In February 2022, the Ministry of Information and Communication of Vietnam announced its research plans for developing 6G technology to meet the demand from the fastest-growing technology sectors.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH?
- Market size available in the investment, area, power capacity, and Vietnam colocation market revenue.
- An assessment of the data center investment in v by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators.
- Investments in the area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across states in the country.
- A detailed study of the existing Vietnam data center industry landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about industry size during the forecast period.
- Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party data center facilities in Vietnam
a) Facilities Covered (Existing): 24
b) Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 07
c) Coverage: 4 Cities
d) Existing vs. Upcoming (Area)
e) Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
- Data center colocation market in Vietnam
a) Market Revenue & Forecast (2022-2028)
b) Retail Colocation Pricing
- Vietnam market investments are classified into IT, power, cooling, and general construction services with sizing and forecast.
- A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the industry.
- Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors operating in the industry.
- A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspects of the industry.
- Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi are the major locations in the Vietnam data center market, with 24 existing third-party data centers. Hanoi is the major location in Vietnam, with around 11 existing facilities.
- Some key investors in the Vietnam data center market are Viettel IDC, NTT Global Data Centers, FTP Telecom, CMC Telecom, HTC Telecom International (ECODC), VNPT, and VNTT.
IT Infrastructure Providers
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies
- Hitachi Vantara
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJ)
- Juniper Networks
- NEC Corporation
Data Center Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
- Archetype Group
- AWP Architects
- Delta Group
- Sato Kogyo
- Universal Smart Data Center Technology
Support Infrastructure Providers
- Cyber Power Systems
- Delta Electronics
- Fuji Electric
- HITEC Power Protection
- KOHLER Power
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Schneider Electric
- Trane (Ingersoll Rand)
Data Center Investors
- CMC Telecom
- FPT Telecom
- HTC Telecom International (ECODC)
- NTT Global Data Centers
- Viettel IDC
- Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT)
- VNG Cloud
- Data Center First
- Edge Centres
- Infracrowd Capital
- Worldwide DC Solutions
EXISTING VS. UPCOMING DATA CENTERS
- Existing Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Other Cities (Da Nang, and Binh Duong Province)
- List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
This report analyses the Vietnam data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
- IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
- Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- General Construction
- Core & Shell Development
- Installation & commissioning Services
- Engineering & Building Design
- Fire Detection & Suppression
- Physical Security
- Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1. How much is the Vietnam data center market investment expected to grow?
2. What is the growth rate of the Vietnam data center market?
3. Who are the key investors in the Vietnam data center market?
4. What are the driving factors for the Vietnam data center market?
5. How many existing and upcoming data center facilities exist in Vietnam?