Portugal Data Center Market - Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities 2022-2027
The report considers the present scenario of the Portugal data center market and its market dynamics for 2022−2027. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market.
Portugal data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.02% during 2022-2027.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT
- Ar Telecom, Pioneer Point Partners & Davidson Kempner Capital Management, Merlin Properties & Edged Energy, and NOS are colocation data center operators expected to develop data centers in the country during the forecast period.
- Increasing cloud connectivity will boost the digital economy of the country and will lead to higher demand for high-bandwidth networking and processing infrastructure. For instance, CloudZone has partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to accelerate cloud services and improve the digital economy of Portugal.
- Colocation facilities expect to witness an increase in the adoption of flexible design, which supports 42U to 47U rack cabinets. In 2021, Ar Telecom planned to build a data center in Lisbon with around 150 racks.
- In Portugal, Madeira International Business center and Santa Maria Island are free to trade zones where the data center investors can invest as the operators can get various tax exemptions and various incentives.
- In February 2022, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced that it is planning to launch local edge zones in 32 cities across 26 countries worldwide, including Lisbon.
This report analyses the Portugal data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
- IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
- Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- By Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH Units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Condensers, and Dry Coolers
- Economizers and Evaporative Coolers
- Other Cooling units
- General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & commissioning Services
- Building Design
- Fire Detection & Suppression Systems
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Some of the key investors in the Portugal data center industry are Equinix, NOS Sistemas, WebTuga, Altice Portugal, and Ar Telecom in 2021.
IT Infrastructure Providers
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- NEC Corporation
- Pure Storage
Data Center Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
Support Infrastructure Providers
- Daikin Applied
- Johnson Controls
Data Center Investors
- Altice Portugal
- Ar Telecom
- NOS Sistemas
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH REPORT?
- Portugal data center market size is available in the investment, area, power capacity, and the Portugal colocation market revenue.
- An assessment of the data center investment in Portugal by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators.
- Data center investments in the area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across cities.
- A detailed study of the existing Portugal data center market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about the Portuguese data center market size during the forecast period.
- Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party data center facilities in Portugal
- Facilities Covered (Existing): 16
- Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 03
- Coverage: 7 Cities
- Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area)
- Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
- Data center colocation market in Portugal
- Market Revenue & Forecast (2021-2027)
- Retail Colocation Pricing
- The Portugal data center landscape market investments are classified into IT, power, cooling, and general construction services with sizing and forecast.
- A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the industry.
- Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors operating in the industry.
- A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspect of the market.
- Chapter 1 Existing & Upcoming Third-Party Data Centers In Portugal
- 15+ Unique Data Center Properties
- Data Center IT Load Capacity
- Data Center White Floor Area Space
- Existing Vs Upcoming Data Center Capacity by Cities
- Cities Covered
- Other Cities
- Chapter 2 Investment Opportunities In Portugal
- Data Center Investments
- Investment by Area
- Investment by Power Capacity
- Chapter 3 Data Center Colocation Market In Portugal
- Colocation Services Market in Portugal
- Retail Colocation
- Colocation Pricing (Quarter Rack, Half Rack, Full Rack) & Add-ons
- Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Trends
- Market Restraints
- Chapter 5 Market Segmentation
- IT Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
- Electrical Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
- Mechanical Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
- General Construction Services: Market Size & Forecast
- Chapter 6 Tier Standard Investment
- Tier I & II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
- Chapter 7 Key Market Participants
- IT Infrastructure Providers
- Construction Contractors
- Support Infrastructure Providers
- Data Center Investors
- Chapter 8 Appendix
- Market Derivation
- Quantitative Summary