Internet Data Center Market in China - Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities 2023-2028
The Internet data center market in China size by investment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.69% from 2022-2028.
- The Internet data center market in China is one of the most technologically advanced markets globally, with a large number of organizations operating through digital platforms and the market being the second largest economy globally.
- In February 2022, the Government of China announced approval to develop around ten national data center clusters and establish around eight computing hubs to fuel the growth of the data center industry.
- The government of China has also launched its East-to-West data computing strategy to support the industry's growth in the country's western regions that are underdeveloped or economically weak.
- The country's industrial and commercial deployment of 5G services has been growing significantly. It thus is driving the need for the deployment of edge data centers for low latency connectivity and data transfer, especially in areas with weak connectivity.
- The rapid growth of the Internet data center market in China has also driven the demand for sustainability in the country, with initiatives such as the Government of China targeting carbon neutrality in the country by 2060.
- Operators in the country have started working on adopting renewable sources of power. For instance, cloud operator Tencent Cloud has established targets to run 100% of operations from renewable energy sources by 2030.
- The government of China has started investing significantly in the growth of computing power and the adoption of advanced technology in the country. For instance, the government has established its New Infrastructure Plan, which targets to support foreign investors in the country through benefits such as lower land prices, lenient real estate, reduced corporate income tax, the exemption in tariffs, and other benefits.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH?
- Market size available in the investment, area, and power capacity.
- An assessment of the data center investment in China by colocation and enterprise operators.
- Investments in the area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across locations in the China market.
- A detailed study of the existing Internet data center market in China's landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about industry size during the forecast period.
- Snapshot of upcoming third-party data center facilities in China.
a) Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 59
b) Coverage: 27+ Cities
- China's Internet data center market by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators with sizing and forecast.
a) Facility Type by Investment
b) Facility Type by Area
c) Facility Type by Power Capacity
- The China market investments are classified into IT, power, cooling, and general construction services with sizing and forecast.
- A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the industry.
- Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors in the industry.
- A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspects of the industry.
- The Internet data center market in China is home to several technology firms. It includes several IT infrastructure solution providers such as Cisco Systems, Huawei Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Juniper Networks, Dell Technologies, and others that provide innovative solutions in the market.
- The market has several local and global construction contractors providing their services for data center construction. For instance, Beijing Glory Engineering Consulting provides its services for constructing Alibaba's cloud data center.
- The market has several local data center operators. Also, several global cloud and colocation operators have entered the market to establish their local presence. For instance, global edge solution provider EdgeConneX entered the market through strategic investment in China-based colocation operator Chayora in December 2021.
IT Infrastructure Providers
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies
- Juniper Networks
- Pure Storage
- Quanta Cloud Technology
- Wistron (Wiwynn)
Data Center Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
- ATS Global
- Beijing Glory Engineering Consulting
- Chung Hing Engineers
- DSCO Group
- Gammon Construction
- Rider Levett Bucknall
Support Infrastructure Providers
- Delta Electronics
- Fuji Electric
- HITEC Power Protection
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Piller Power Systems
- Schneider Electric
- Shenzhen KSTAR Science and Technology
Data Center Investors
- Alibaba Group
- Aofei Data International
- China Mobile International
- Chindata Group
- GDS Services
- Haoyun Changsheng
- Keppel Data Centres
- Shanghai Atrium (AtHub)
- Tenglong Holding Group
UPCOMING DATA CENTERS
- List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
This report analyses the Internet data center market in China share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
- IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
- Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH Units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Condensers & Dry Coolers
- Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
- Other Cooling Units
- General Construction
- Core & Shell Development
- Installation & commissioning Services
- Engineering & Building Design
- Fire Detection & Suppression Systems
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
- Other Cities
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1. How much is the China data center market investment expected to grow?
2. What is the growth rate of the China data center market?
3. How many data centers have been identified in China?
4. What are the driving factors for China's data center market?
5. Who are the key investors in the China data center market?
- 1. Upcoming Third-Party Data Centers in China
- 1.1. Historical Market Scenario
- 1.2. List of Upcoming Data Center Projects
- 2. Investment Opportunities in China
- 2.1. Microeconomic and Macroeconomic factors for China
- 2.2. Investment Driving Factors in China
- 2.3. Investment by Area
- 2.4. Investment by Power Capacity
- 3. Investment by Facility Type (Colocation, Hyperscale & Enterprise Data Centers)
- 3.1. Investment by Facility Type
- 3.2. Facility Type Investment by Area
- 3.3. Facility Type Investment by Power Capacity
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Drivers
- 4.2. Market Trends
- 4.3. Market Restraints
- 5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1. IT Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
- 5.2. Electrical Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
- 5.3. Mechanical Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
- 5.4. General Construction Services: Market Size & Forecast
- 6. Tier Standards Investment
- 6.1. Tier I & II
- 6.2. Tier III
- 6.3. Tier IV
- 7. Geography Segmentation
- 7.1. Beijing
- 7.2. Shanghai
- 7.3. Other Cities
- 8. Key Market Participants
- 8.1. IT Infrastructure Providers
- 8.2. Construction Contractors
- 8.3. Support Infrastructure Providers
- 8.4. Data Center Investors
- 8.5. New Entrants
- 9. Appendix
- 9.1. Market Derivation
- 9.2. Quantitative Summary